Cross Bayou Canal AKA Dookie Creek

Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Cross Bayou Canal AKA Dookie Creek

Post by Todd »

I used to fish this area many years ago, after seeing far too much crap (literally) and other stuff I stayed away from the place. I know it is very popular with some as there are some big snook in there certian times of the year. After reading this I am certain to stay away.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgover ... ns/1097319" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Rik

Re: Cross Bayou Canal AKA Dookie Creek

Post by Rik »

Jeff Greenwell, the state's district boss for water facilities, ........ stressed that Pinellas County is running a good plant at Cross Bayou. "It's a state-of-the-art facility," he said. "That's what makes us not understand what's happened over the last two years."
Maybe its not being run by 'state-of-the-art' people? It's running at 60% capacity but still can't do it's job?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

If it's like many places, competent people have been let go and the lowwer paid left in charge, in an attempt to save money.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

I drive by there on the way to work every morning (6am). At least twice a month it smells like....poo for a couple of days.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

All water treatment plants smell like poo. Its what they do.

I'll tell you who's running these plants, cause I go to them everyday, all over the state. Transplants from up north.

Yes they are cutting back due to budget cuts, but you still have to have a state license to work at a treatment plant. Sounds like to me they are not keeping up with the required calibration the equipment needed to detect those items listed is being done.

You see dirty water, I see opportunity.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

So you're saying, dookie is the smell of money? :mrgreen:
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

I was fishing there one day and saw what I thought was a pelican coming towards me in the middle of the creek. As it got closer I realized it was a young man walking in the creek up to his neck holding a rod above his head. Pretty bizarre stuff.

That place was pretty crowded last year. :pukeleft:
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Redfisher wrote:So you're saying, dookie is the smell of money? :mrgreen:
There's money in that crap. :wink:
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Bayrunner

Post by Bayrunner »

Does anyone know if a small motor boat (20 ft) can get all the way through this canal? Bay to Beach?

Thanks all, glad I found this forum!
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Heywood wrote:
Redfisher wrote:So you're saying, dookie is the smell of money? :mrgreen:
There's money in that crap. :wink:
Did I hear you say that there must be a catch?
Will you walk away from a fool and his money?
If you want it, here it is, come and get it
But you better hurry because it's going fast

fuzz
I was impressed, that the older I got, the more patient I became. Turns out, I just don't give a shit.

230 ==> 215
Willie T
Location: St. Petersburg Minds of moderate caliber ordinarily condemn everything which is beyond their range.

Post by Willie T »

Bayrunner wrote:Does anyone know if a small motor boat (20 ft) can get all the way through this canal? Bay to Beach?

When did 20' become a "small" boat?
Willie T
St. Petersburg
[email protected]

"True eloquence consists in saying all that is necessary, and only that which is."
François Duc de La Rochefoucauld
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Bayrunner wrote:Does anyone know if a small motor boat (20 ft) can get all the way through this canal? Bay to Beach?

A kayak can.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

Heywood wrote:All water treatment plants smell like poo. Its what they do.

I'll tell you who's running these plants, cause I go to them everyday, all over the state. Transplants from up north.

Yes they are cutting back due to budget cuts, but you still have to have a state license to work at a treatment plant. Sounds like to me they are not keeping up with the required calibration the equipment needed to detect those items listed is being done.

You see dirty water, I see opportunity.
I gotta hand it to you Heywood!.. You can take ALOTA SH!%!!!
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."