Boca Grande Flats

Flamingo to Big Bend
Pmoconnor89

Boca Grande Flats

Post by Pmoconnor89 »

Fished the incoming this morning after work hoping to run into redfish, but happily settled when I found the trout. Caught quite a few, all at least 15 inches with 19 being the biggest. Could only hook them on topwater, they would chase a spoon all the way back to the side of my kayak but wouldnt hit it. The bite slowed down around 10, and I was off the water by 1030. Also caught one jack on the topwater, and lost 1,074 soft plastic tails to pinfish and baby grouper.

All fish were released today.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Boca Grande flats? Just inside or more towards Placida?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Pmoconnor89

Post by Pmoconnor89 »

A bit more towards Placida, I have a tendency to call the island as a whole "Boca Grande," I wasn't exactly referring to the pass itself. Sorry for the confusion.
Rik

Post by Rik »

No, I understand. Sort of "the Boca Grande area". I wasn't looking for specific GPS numbers just didn't know of very many "Boca Grande flats" other than along the inside of the island.

Do you fish that area much?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Pmoconnor89

Post by Pmoconnor89 »

I try to a lot since I work on the island and it's just easy to put in when I get off in the morning. I haven't been able to for the past year since I've had school every day I've gotten off shift, but that's coming to an end and I couldn't be happier. I've had pretty consistent success with more of my luck towards the winter months.