Ecuador

Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Ecuador

Post by Norm »

Anyone been there? Know anything about the place? What language is spoken there?
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
wilfish

Post by wilfish »

I been to Quito the capital of Ecuador before for a day and an half. Its a pretty place . They speak in spanish It took a day to fly from Tampa to Miami to Quito. Hope that help any.
Don't steal... The Government does not like the competition
YellowFin

Post by YellowFin »

Norm,

Your questions leave more questions like "When are you going there?"
Are you planning a trip? Sounds like a neat country on the west side of the Andes, plus they control the Galapagos. Cool place for a vacation. Let's hear some more details!

Tim
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=25726&st

Post by Norm »

No details as of yet. Just some preliminary questions. Possible move to Equador as a project manager. Just gathering info for now. Wonder how I would look in a serape :?: :roll: :lol:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
YellowFin

Post by YellowFin »

Wait until after the election...... Maybe a whole bunch of us will be coming with you!

I'll give you a call and get the scoop on your new venture.

Tim[/list]
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

E-mail me an application.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
1okbyme2

Post by 1okbyme2 »

Didn't Butch & Sundance end up there?
"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot" Joni Mitchell
madmarco

Re: http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=25726&am

Post by madmarco »

Norm wrote:No details as of yet. Just some preliminary questions. Possible move to Equador as a project manager. :roll: :lol:
HUH? :roll:
Hornetbear

Post by Hornetbear »

Norm wrote:No details as of yet. Just some preliminary questions. Possible move to Equador as a project manager. Just gathering info for now. Wonder how I would look in a serape :?: :roll: :lol:
go.
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

Norm I have been to Quito twice. Being a low lander I had a hard time with alttitude sickness. Seems to be a nice place ALOT nicer then Caracass Ven. Spanish is the language. Getting a lower 20 something upstairs maid will help the learning curve for Spanish :wink: Quito is designated as the center of the world and there is a tourist trap... I mean a UN monument there.

On the coast (the gateway to the Galapagos) is Wiayakee (sp?) I got to stay there one night when my TACA jet had to turn about for mechanical problems. (now I know why so many people are crossing themselves on those flights at take off and landing).

Drink Bottled water of alcohol and beware the fruit. Don't ask me how I know I just know!
Credo quia absurdum
Thetroutsniffer

Post by Thetroutsniffer »

Yea, A TACA jet ran off the runway about 3 months ago in Tegucigalpa, few folks KIA.

Wow Norm, big possible move bud! The Galapagos islands are an amazing place. Really interesting flora & fauna. Truly unique.

Would be a hell of an experence.
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Wonder how I would look in a serape
Dude forget the serape...your management...you need one of these..

Along with a white seersucker suit, white bucks and a big seegar ....besides that everyone who knows ,,,knows an Ecuadorian hat is the best..

I can't wait to hear the details.. 8) You gonna grow plants?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Mako

Post by Mako »

Norm wrote:No details as of yet. Just some preliminary questions. Possible move to Equador as a project manager. Just gathering info for now. Wonder how I would look in a serape :?: :roll: :lol:
tough decision you'd have in your hands....whatever you decide I wish you the best.

I lived on the coast near Guayaquil, Ecuador working as a Shrimp Hatchery Consultant, my dream job. Now I wouldn't even think of going back to that place. I got a few good reasons. Also, I'm hispanic, born in Venezuela (proud American citizen by choice) so I know what it means to live in a 3rd world country...by the way Cup, there's no comparison between Ecuador and Caracas, Venezuela (even with Chavez ruling the country)

For tourism, Ecuador is great, especially the Andes area. Living there is a whole different story, and the same goes for several countries in Latin America.

Norm, if you want more details I'll be happy to tell you all I can to help you or confuse you more in your decision :wink:

oh....the fishing is outstanding.....striped marlin, big tuna, rooster fish, etc.
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160