backinthemangle

Post by backinthemangle »

Check this out:

http://www.moldychum.com/home-old/2012/ ... arpon.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Guys like Flip Pallot and Lefty Kreh are already aboard on this, but they've
only got 700 sigs as of this morning. Will you take the time?
dunfly

Re: Sign Up and Stop This %&$# Abortion

Post by dunfly »

I think this has been brought up before.

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtop ... hilit=ptts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PTTS is an embarassment to fishing, as a whole, but there is also a lot a politics behind the scenes.
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

You know if the ptts only had chainsaws and jumping dogs then it would totally be legitimate.
Credo quia absurdum
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

You know there has to be trouble when you hold a tournamnet and 50 to 200 boats show up and they all want to fish the same spot. I haven't fished Boca Grand since 1984 and it was a mad house then.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

My neighbor just went a couple weeks ago with a guide and had a good time. He hired one of the PTTS captains as a guide. He's heading back next week to go solo. In 4 days he landed 8 poon - largest 185 and jumped a bunch more. 3 days he was fishing solo - basically he told the guide he wanted to learn the ropes (yes - there is a method to the madness) and then try himself.

At the end of the day he probably pumped $2-3K into the Boca area in 3 days. When he goes back it'll be another $2K easily. So $5K over 5-7 days. Multiply that umteen times and it's good money for the area. Tourist will pay even more.

I might try it one day - maybe.
JB
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

That money is going to be pumped into the economy PTTS or not. The tarpon and the methods to catch them are not going to change. It is the nature of the tournament that they are trying to stop. The debate between jiggers and live baiters has been going on way before the PTTS.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

They are talking about making the tournaments catch and release instead of the catch weigh and release, It would be a lot less stressful on the fish. With the number of fish they have there I don't see any of this ending unless they make it a sanctuary and some would like that. That could ultimately lead to your favorite fishing hole becoming a sanctuary, just look at California and the Keys.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve