Effective August 1, 2009....

americanrobster

Effective August 1, 2009....

Post by americanrobster »

You must have a salt water fishing license to fish off land.

I found this on the FWC website....

You do not need a saltwater fishing license if...

You are a resident fishing in saltwater from land or from a structure fixed to the land. A saltwater fishing license will be required effective August 1, 2009.
You are a resident fishing for a saltwater species in fresh water from land or from a structure fixed to land. A saltwater fishing license will be required effective August 1, 2009.
You fish from a for-hire vessel (guide, charter, party boat) that has a valid vessel license.
You fish from a vessel, the operator of which has a valid vessel license issued in the name of the operator of the vessel.
You fish for recreational purposes from a pier with a valid pier saltwater fishing license.
You have a valid saltwater products license.
You fish for mullet in fresh water and you have a valid Florida freshwater fishing license.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
silentrunning

Post by silentrunning »

Another way to get into peoples pockets. I really wouldn't mind it if the money went into our fisheries and habitat, but that's not too likely right now.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
Rik

Post by Rik »

The feds made noise about enacting federal fishing licenses in places where there was no state license. This was done to prevent a federal license and we all know where the money from a federal license would have gone.

Also, all of the money for Florida fishing licenses goes to FWC activities - enforcement and research being the two biggest line items.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
silentrunning

Post by silentrunning »

Rik, That makes me feel better.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
willemac
Supporter 2009 - 2012

Saltwater License

Post by willemac »

How do the new rules apply with respect to old fishermen and fisher women?
It's the other three quarters that can't be trusted!!!
Mac

Hobie AI
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

The question beckons, why should the age of the licensee over the age of 16 ever matter?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

The question beckons, why should the age of the licensee over the age of 16 ever matter?
Mo money left over for the early bird? :lol:

Actually it really shouldn't but I don't think they killed the over 65 exemption.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
willemac
Supporter 2009 - 2012

Post by willemac »

Early Birds hell!!, Budweiser, I'm trying to have a serious conversation!
It's the other three quarters that can't be trusted!!!
Mac

Hobie AI
Rik

Post by Rik »

All the same exemptions that are in place for the existing fishing licenses are, sadly, still in place. I'm glad they finally came around and initiated this license. I do not understand why it is less money or a different license. Just another level of complexity but, then again, the govt has never been one to operate on the KISS principle.

I agree with DaveR. If you are 16 or older, you should be required to have a license. You might tug on my heart strings some on the issue of the disabled and active duty military but all those other exemptions are nothing but discrimination we don't talk about.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
mlamarca
Location: Apollo Beach, FL or Philadelphia, PA or Luanda, Angola

Post by mlamarca »

Rik wrote:All the same exemptions that are in place for the existing fishing licenses are, sadly, still in place. I'm glad they finally came around and initiated this license. I do not understand why it is less money or a different license. Just another level of complexity but, then again, the govt has never been one to operate on the KISS principle.

I agree with DaveR. If you are 16 or older, you should be required to have a license. You might tug on my heart strings some on the issue of the disabled and active duty military but all those other exemptions are nothing but discrimination we don't talk about.
They actually made a different license to fish from shore in saltwater? Not just require the same license for everyone? So now, where does the shore end and wading begin? If I paddle my kayak out, lines out of water, to an island, and then wade fish in 2 or 3 feet of water, which license is required. I know it is a non-issue for us that have the standard license, but these damn legislators are just making it harder on enforcement. The two (salt/fresh) licenses are/were already enough. Just add the shore people to the regular license, is the extra two cents a day actually going to hurt people? Gotta love our elected officials, and their lobbyist friends.
Can I retire yet?
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

mlamarca wrote:
Rik wrote:All the same exemptions that are in place for the existing fishing licenses are, sadly, still in place. I'm glad they finally came around and initiated this license. I do not understand why it is less money or a different license. Just another level of complexity but, then again, the govt has never been one to operate on the KISS principle.

They actually made a different license to fish from shore in saltwater? Not just require the same license for everyone? So now, where does the shore end and wading begin? If I paddle my kayak out, lines out of water, to an island, and then wade fish in 2 or 3 feet of water, which license is required. I know it is a non-issue for us that have the standard license, but these damn legislators are just making it harder on enforcement. The two (salt/fresh) licenses are/were already enough. Just add the shore people to the regular license, is the extra two cents a day actually going to hurt people? Gotta love our elected officials, and their lobbyist friends.
Please reserve questions like this to the rules of the PFTS They make my headache
Credo quia absurdum
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

The only people I would like to see exempt would be Military both present and past. The rest can pay the $7.50
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
islander

Post by islander »

Good! It's about time.