FTD 4/1

Flamingo to Big Bend
ratherbefishin

FTD 4/1

Post by ratherbefishin »

On the water at 0730, plenty of mullet, but no fish until 0830 when this guy showed up. Laying in about a foot of water under some mullet. Gave a great fight. The thing about reds is they always feel bigger than they really are.

Met a nice guy in a Native Ultimate 12 from Orlando, hope you scared some up with your fly rod.

Off the water by 1000 hours. One nice thing about the occasional night shift is you get to fish in the morning.

Curt

Well, hell, SOMEBODY has to catch lizardfish.
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Excellent fish hunting. Is that a 12 Fathom rig you're using? ...interesting how (and where) it hooked-up on that Red.
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
ratherbefishin

Post by ratherbefishin »

Yep, 12 Fathom Buzz Shad Tail, this one is a green back & white belly. Rigged weedless on a Stormin hornet jighead. This and the new penny color have worked pretty well for me lately.
Curt

ratherbefishin

Post by ratherbefishin »

I posted this several days ago, this is the rig I've been using.

Curt

mudfish

Post by mudfish »

I looked for those hooks last time I was at Southeastern ... Liquidators but couldn't find them and forgot to ask before I left. I do remember seeing a couple 12 Fathom lures on the rack for sure, just not a big variety and definitely not that particular one. Guess it's online shopping again. I hate waiting. :roll:
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
xfactor

Post by xfactor »

That is an interesting lure. I have not seen them until now, but I have heard of them. Fisherman's World did not have them the last time I was there. I ask about them and he said they were coming and that a lot of people were raving about them. I think I'm going to need another Kayak just to haul my tackle around.

Jimmmy
ratherbefishin

Post by ratherbefishin »

I got the jigheads at BPS mailorder. I was in Orlando last week and I didn't see them in the store.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... 0_100-10-6
Curt