lathes

turbohatch3

lathes

Post by turbohatch3 »

what lathes are you guys running?........ i know noles has a old clemmems/rensetti. im running the pacbay rodsmith with alum. chuck. and lets see some pics of your shop setups im trying to get a idea on how to set up my shop since i just bought this house and have a gift card to home depot to set up my rod building room
derekxec

Post by derekxec »

little dirty...will be clean this weekend......not pretty but gets the job done haha
yohan1973

Post by yohan1973 »

Me, I only have very basic equipment.
I sit on the floor while building rods. My table is my living room table.
Simple fact is... I do not have a lathe at all. I just have a very basic non-motorized rod wrapper that I bought for about $30.
I just recently bought a real rod dryer from mudhole when they were on sell. As for a lathe...when I need to shape cork I use a dremel. I have two dremels. An A/C powered one and a D/C powered one. I prefer the D/C cause it's light and portable. I simply go outside with my cork, hold the dremel stationary in one hand and rotate the cork with the other hand. Some day I'd like to get a powered rod wrapper which can double as a lathe but it will be a while before I do that. My eye is one the American taclkel wrapper with the duel motors. It's the same as the pacific bay one. I've only recently started messing with shaping cork. Turns out...it's very easy to dramatically reshape preshaped cork with a dremel and really turnout some fine work!

Stanley Steemer, carpet cleaner.
turbohatch3

Post by turbohatch3 »

the wife would flip if i did that :shock:
Dirty Dave

Post by Dirty Dave »

derekxec wrote:Image

little dirty...will be clean this weekend......not pretty but gets the job done haha
Maybe you should call Erick and he can work his magic on that room.
derekxec

Post by derekxec »

haha you see that room then look at the rest of my house....look like a tornado hit that room and the rest of the house looks like a clean freak lives there