Keys???

Will I fall out of my yak while tarpon fishing in the keys?

yes
30%
no
9%
poop on you for asking, I will be in my office all week!
61%

Total votes: 23

BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Keys???

Post by BearsFan »

Does anyone know of (that would like to share) any good places to put in around Marathon. I will be down there, on Grassy Key, all week next week for spring break. Just looking for any info/tips we are shooting for grand slams on fly from yaks. The tarpon and bones seemed to be really active this past week, hopefully the permit will get up on those flats and the winds will calm next week.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
Vercetti

Post by Vercetti »

I've caught poons off sombraro beach (ocean side - marathon) first thing in the morning, and seen some biiiig snook right along the shore line. its a small park opens at 7am, pretty easy launch, just a short drag to the water. Theres a decent looking flat to the southeast with a little island. never fished there but I imagine that would be a spot to look for your permit...at least I plan on looking there on my next trip...April can't get here soon enough. Good luck bro.

-Jon
- Jon
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

I am actually going to the Keys the first week of June for a wedding. It is my intention to take down my kayak and try to do at least one morning of fishing while down there.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
angler1979

Re: Keys???

Post by angler1979 »

BearsFan wrote:Does anyone know of (that would like to share) any good places to put in around Marathon. I will be down there, on Grassy Key, all week next week for spring break. Just looking for any info/tips we are shooting for grand slams on fly from yaks. The tarpon and bones seemed to be really active this past week, hopefully the permit will get up on those flats and the winds will calm next week.
I have reservations for the rainbow bend resort fot the first week in Augest let us know how the fishing is down there and if its yak worthy