secret spots?

Questions and answers on anything related to kayak or canoe fishing
Rik

Post by Rik »

You've mentioned that spot before but the folks you fish with tell me you can never find it.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
loukiii

Post by loukiii »

I heard red tide shows up there on a monthly basis.
blindcast

Post by blindcast »

There's a great spot right next to it but it's hard to get into some times.

Further down there an even better spot that very few try and even fewer are able to fish.
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

I prefer the main auditorium to the small experimental theater next door :wink: :oops:
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Secret spots?

Post by Norm »

Thank goodness I dont have any secret spots...I couldnt handle the pressure :lol: I am not the best fisherman by a long shot...I just love the outings and the friendships. If someone so graciously shares a place with me, thats just great...but for me...its about being out fishing with a friend. This sport is like a toy to me...its no fun playing with it alone...also its not really safe either.

Norm

PS...Now where the hell is this Cow Creek?
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

It's on maptech. Jeeeessse.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Dirty Dave

Post by Dirty Dave »

Damn it! I go out of town for 4 days and look what happens! :twisted:
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: Secret spots?

Post by Todd »

Shortcast wrote:..Now where the hell is this Cow Creek?
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Uncle Tommy
Black Tip Tommy

Post by Uncle Tommy »

You're as bad as your brother!
Please, call me Kate
DayFisher

Post by DayFisher »

I waited long enough, even through the "grey" jokes. :oops:
I was one of the gentleman(never been called that before!!) that met CatchnRelease @ Ft.D.
I showed, and told THE AREA.
"This has worked for me", "That is a good place around dark", "Don't fish for Blk. Drum with dead crabs around Paddlin4Reds", and such.
I'm not gonna tell you "Go down that mangrove path, cut a left and toss in a red/wht zaraspook....so on so on..."
BUT,
If we meet on the water, and I'm catching and your not, your welcome to have a few of my white tubes if all you bought is rootbeer.
You want a fishing partner, your new to the area, or coming here for a weekend, post or PM me, we'll go look for 'em.
"Secret spot" just means you don't know others fish there when you're at work/asleep/grocery shopping etc.
I've met some great friends and helped out a few more with what I know,
and proud of it.
DayFisher
Hauling Dead Dinosaurs for Your Vehicles Consumptive Delight to a Gas Station near You!!
DayFisher
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

I've met some great friends and helped out a few more with what I know,
and proud of it.
DayFisher[/quote]

Well said Keith...and your pretty damn good at helping midgets load kayaks too :wink:

Norm
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

DayFisher & Shortcast....well said :wink:
Now let's get some serious fishing done soon :!: I know another "secret "spot SOTE :lol:
Donbel

Post by Donbel »

Well, not that you all asked, but my thoughts are that people have occupied Florida long enough that there are no "secret spots" left in range of a kayak.

Also, who cares? I fish for fun and half of that is the companionship of fellow fishermen. Showing them where to catch fish and how to do it is enjoyable and I take pride in it. And I know it never made fishing more difficult for me the next time I was there.

I just don't see how when fishing is a pleasure we enjoy enough to form websites, magazines and even TV shows with all of their action spotters, fishing charts etc. that hiding secret spots is still even an issue.

We like to share our experiences and skills and that's how it should be. I would be glad to tell you everywhere I ever caught a good fish or a lot of fish and I bet it doesn't hurt my future success one bit.

My website does as much.

http://www.evergladesart.com

Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Secret spots?

Post by Norm »

mauso1 wrote:DayFisher & Shortcast....well said :wink:
Now let's get some serious fishing done soon :!: I know another "secret "spot SOTE :lol:
Randy...are there really some fish SOTE?

Norm
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Randy...are there really some fish SOTE?
8) sssshhhh....it's a secret. 27.32.31.??N
PM me and i'll let you know the western coords where the snook are going to be after this front goes thru :shock:

Several new flies tied up and ready...along with epoxy weighted spoons and tails to experiment with :idea:
GetRwet

Post by GetRwet »

My nickle.........

I had just moved in the Tampa Bay area. After getting settled I headed to the nearest launch and started out looking for a spot to wet my lines. Well, I found a area that looked good. :D
I hit some, Reds.....top slot and some over. I went back to the exact same spot week after week catching the same & some Snook and others. I knew this spot so well that I bet my anchor went in the same divit hole everytime. I fished this hole for almost 2yrs and did well there.
Thinking to myself and to others that I might bring along with me that "this is my Honey spot." I believed that I had a true undiscovered holding place for fish.

Well one day a few months ago I was in the local outfitters looking about, & decided to pick up a TOP SPOTS for the first time. After looking at it I found my hole on there. Not only was it highlighted as a KEY FISHING AREA. But also had the GPS/WAAS #'s to get you there.

So not knowing how long its been in the Top Spots, it would make it hard to say if there was any impact. But I will say that the last 3 times I visited my hole I was SKUNKED.

TOM
Paddling....Nature.....Peace....................& Plugs!