AMI 05/2015

jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

AMI 05/2015

Post by jbdba01 »

Beautiful weather and tight lines before Wonderboy heads over to Cape Canaveral for his summer internship at ULA.

I don't think it gets much better than that...probably needed to resize them, but you get the idea.

JB
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Re: AMI 05/2015

Post by Manning »

Very nice. Especially like the next to last picture.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Manning wrote:Very nice. Especially like the next to last picture.
Evan nailed most of the shots. That older T2i is a very good prosumer camera; a couple more frames per sec would be nice - it gets about 4. Looks like we didn't have it on Tv mode - probably needed to bump up the speed to 1/500; regardless he did a great job on the camera and the helm too. It got a bit dicey once or twice.
JB
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Can I be photo shopped into some of those?
0 0 1
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Sure...for a couple cold ones anything can be done.

Was with "Wonderboy" yesterday - may have to change that nickname, but I digress. He is now interning over at ULA- they launched a rocket at Cape Canaveral yesterday. What a cool gig he has going. His fingerprints went into space.

There are some guys with pics of 50" reds at their desk...unfortunately it appears that security has been racketed up so fishing near/on the base seems to be off limits. Obviously launch day is even tighter. He said he saw some monster tails the other day - and some monster gators. Like +10'. ZOINKS!! Saw a couple kayakers on the Banana River hitting some islands. Glad I didn't have my rod - this was a family trip.

Regardless he's on the Space Coast taking in the whole scene. Lives about a mile from the beach and Cocoa Beach Pier. Boy is smarter than heck...Deans List 3 out of 4 times in honors engineering UF.

If you haven't been to a launch you should go. It's one of the coolest things to observe.
JB
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

My son went to UCF and fished the Lagoon a lot.. he started with a jon boat and then later got a 12' old school dusk skiff with poling platform and jack plate.... used to launch at a place called BioLab road and always caught Reds.

But if your son has kayak he can launch many places... but if he wades be careful, another kid I know was wading and got hit by a stingray right in the achilies which later got infected and he had to come home for surgery, missed a semester on that one, and he was a runner so it really set him back.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~