Another windy Saturday

Flamingo to Big Bend
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Another windy Saturday

Post by sfurman »

Got out Saturday morning in spite of the threat of rain in the Big Bend, the wind was kicking butt though. Planned on getting a red for dinner and a few trout to take home to FIL so, I loaded up the cooler with ice and the kayak in the truck and headed out. Plan was to go scouting in the woods later for turkey hunting next weekend.

As I paddle to the fishing spot I look down between my legs and there is no cooler, I left it sitting in the kitchen, so looks like this will be a catch and release day after all. I Managed a few small reds with this one being the biggest maybe 21”.

Wind was kicking butt so I tried to stay close to the saw grass to try to block it a little. Fishing was surprisingly slow, I thought it would be better and I didn’t even get any trout until I came back into the creek and fished a hole and there I caught 3 nice trout but they would have had to be measured, probably 14.5 to 15.5. Never did rain but, did I mention the wind was kicking butt. Anyway, we had pizza that night and all is good in the Hatch.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Re: Another windy Saturday

Post by Manning »

Be happy with the Reds you caught. I haven't seen or caught one in month now. The water is warm enough. They should be showing up soon.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Ump608

Post by Ump608 »

Manning,

Hate ta tell ya this but I played Red or Yellow out at "The Button" Sunday at daybreak. Jacks or Redfish on top water until about 9:30am. A 26-3/4 came home as he completely inhaled a Spook Jr. I could not get it out. And he was the smallest caught!
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

I was at BW Sunday too. Was a little later than usual due to traffic jam from the race. Tons of jacks, trout and snook. Did not see any reds. Can't believe I didn't run into you out there.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve