New Guy!

Gshankuf

New Guy!

Post by Gshankuf »

Hello,
I just moved to Bradenton for work and hope to be engaging more on this forum as I get moved in and situated. I am from Jacksonville, Fl. Not too far North but very different fishing. I have been google earthing the area to death and would love some advice on fly fishing the area. I plan to search fish with the spinning gear for a while, but would love to catch my first snook on fly soon. Hope to post catches soon and thanks for any info you can share. Kayak and wade fishing primarily.

Thanks again,
Gary
Here is what a good day in Jax is like: http://vimeo.com/71480595" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
let me know if it plays
My wife makes me take her Fishing. I am the happiest man alive! :)
rugrat181
Supporter 2011 - 2014
Supporter 2011 - 2014

Re: New Guy!

Post by rugrat181 »

The video played just fine. Enjoyed your day on the water. Welcome...

Rugrat
It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Let's celebrate !!

Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club"

Dave S
Rik

Post by Rik »

Welcome!

Here's a good place to start. On Manatee Ave just east of the bridge over the intercoastal, there is a small bridge. On the north east side of that there is a kayak launch. Go north into Perico Bayou (gets skinny in winter lows) or south into Palma Sola Bay.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Gshankuf

Post by Gshankuf »

Thanks for the info and Happy New Year! I hope to see some of you on the water soon.
Gary
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

Nice video. Keep us posted on your ventures. I have best results fly fishing at night opposed to day time missions, shouldn't be hard for you to get that first snook off a dock light. Good luck.
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
Gshankuf

Post by Gshankuf »

That is a good idea about the dock lights.
Thanks again
wilfish

Post by wilfish »

I always wanted to check out J-ville area . Was that north of Jacksonville near the the port? By the way nice fishing on the fly. What type of fly were you using there?
Don't steal... The Government does not like the competition
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Hope you have had some time on the water by now.
I will add Robinson Preserve as a good choice for the winter months. It is located north on 75th St off Manatee ave. Turn left at 17th ave. and follow to the end. You will see entrance to park. Nice launch site just behind 'cracker house' visitor center. Google Earth the area. You have good fishing in the preserve and paddle access to Manatee River at the north end, Perico and Palma Sola to the south.
NarcSgt

Post by NarcSgt »

Welcome to the area.......