Local Reputable Kayak Dealers

MLB01

Local Reputable Kayak Dealers

Post by MLB01 »

Can anyone recommend based on past buying experiences a reputable Wilderness Systems Kayak dealer in the Sarasota or surrounding area.

Thanks
MLB01

Re: Local Reputable Kayak Dealers

Post by MLB01 »

I guess no members own a WS Kayak. :!: or cannot recommend a dealer :?
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Canoe country outfitters. They are in St Pete.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Economy are fine folks but I'd you can but used do it. It worth hundreds.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

DaveR wrote:Economy are fine folks but I'd you can but used do it. It worth hundreds.
I thought you quit drinking?
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Rik

Post by Rik »

Economy is a good place. Dick really knows his stuff. He's paddled almost anything that floats and has gone on some impressive journeys. If you can, go during the day on a week day when they aren't busy. Get him talking and you might get a better deal but you'll certainly gain some knowledge. But, like Dave attempted to write, buying used is always a good option and saves $100's.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

No idea on dealers in your area... there are suggestions to buy used, but try to paddle the models you are looking for, everyones needs and opinions are different.

Used is a good way to save $$ if you shop around, but lately it seems to me that far to many people want far to much, (to close to list price) for what they are selling. It not so distant past $500 - $600 was a very fair price for a used very fishable kayak and the seller gladly threw in the seat and paddle.. those deals can still be had if you look around and are willing to drive a ways to make a deal... shop CL and all the fishing and kayak forums. many dealers clear there last model years and rental inventory at the end of the summer some very good deals can be found this way also.

Today's used market it seems that people want up to 80% of the retail price for a used kayak, and add to that for the seat, paddle, and other (some of it will be useless to you) accesories. Be careful shopping.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
MLB01

Post by MLB01 »

Thanks for all the input, yes been browsing CL for used as well. But as Krash pointed out, not significant difference between used price kayaks and new. Some guy had a used 2006 tarpon 140 asking $750.00 :scratch: I know 2015 models of WS kayaks will be available September. Might wait till 2015 come out and see what is available on closeouts.
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

Like everything else...the price gets higher....There once was a day when you didn't have so many options for a fishing kayak, but with the boom in this market...there are many ways to go.
Like myself...if I sell my kayak...I have to replace it with something, and like most people...I don't want to down grade. My Slayer which is in great condition is now 100 dollars more for the same model. :?
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
Wuluf

Post by Wuluf »

If you want a WS Tarpon 160, then I might have a boat for you. Email me at [email protected].
Wuluf