Favorite Wading shoes

fishshooter99

Favorite Wading shoes

Post by fishshooter99 »

I love fishing in my kayak. I know that there has been a huge push the last few years for more and more kayaks that are easy to stand and fish in. I own one that is pretty good for just that, and occasionally I do. My preference though is to sit there gliding along fishing from my amply padded back side. That being said, I also love to pull up to a good looking spot, stake out, step out of the yak and wade. I make this a part of nearly every flats trip. For years I used some old wading tennis shoes that were made by Sperry. Alas a couple of years ago the oysters won the battle of time and they had to be retired. I next purchased a pair of Simms flats sneakers which are more of a boot. They are nice but I missed the "sneaker" feel.
A couple of weeks ago I bout a pair of Columbia Drainmaker II sneakers. So far I love them. I'm trying to decide if I'd like to get some low neoprene socks to go with them or just skip the socks.

So what's your favorite shoe for wading?
Gary
expatriate Floridian living in the foriegn land of Georgia
kmeng

Re: Favorite Wading shoes

Post by kmeng »

I just use the cheapo neoprene zip up ones from Dick's Sporting Goods. I think they're $30<, so replacing them isn't going to break the bank. They're decent around oysters and are pretty comfortable.
Do what you love, love what you do, and most of all, love life.

"Don't seek to follow the footsteps of the masters, seek what they sought"
Native Ultimate 14.5 Solo in Olive
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

My favorites are the cheap water shoes from Walmart. They will not stand up to tromping through oyster bars but they'll protect you from sharp objects while your on the flats.
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
Rik

Post by Rik »

http://www.basspro.com/World-Wide-Sport ... uct/55184/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$30

Last forever, just keep the zippers washed out.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Yep I use the BassPro ones, usually last me about 12 months, but thats becasue i do a lot more wading than I do paddling.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

Are they ok on oysters John?
Fishin Worms and Investment Advice Inc.
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

They do OK Gary.
I typically don't walk on oysters too often
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton