Unique Tarpon

Flamingo to Big Bend
noles

Unique Tarpon

Post by noles »

Saw this on another site. That would be an awesome catch! Hell, Bill Ambrose could probably see this one coming down the beach!
Last edited by noles on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"whose that little motherf***er with the fly rod"
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: Albino Tarpon

Post by DaveR »

Not albino but sure is a strange color morph. Thanks!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Looks more like photoshop. Very odd dorsal fin. Looks like a Koi/Goldfish tail. That "tail" is not a part of the first pic so it's not in the watermark "Clark Wright".
JB
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Its from Captain Robert McCue, I'd say he's pretty bonafide.

Not albino, but it is a piebald
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
Rik

Re: Unique Tarpon

Post by Rik »

I've been piebald. I think.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

Rik wrote:I've been piebald. I think.
No Rik....that's pie eyed :lol:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Hell, Bill Ambrose could probably see this one coming down the beach!
Why you little rat bastard, spotting fish is what I have you around for.
0 0 1
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

jbdba01 wrote:Looks more like photoshop. Very odd dorsal fin. Looks like a Koi/Goldfish tail. That "tail" is not a part of the first pic so it's not in the watermark "Clark Wright".
Not the first time I've seen the photoshop card pulled around here. One was a photo of me that I know was real. So, prove it.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Can't see the point in making the effort to photoshop this? But you never know
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

DaveR wrote:
jbdba01 wrote:Looks more like photoshop. Very odd dorsal fin. Looks like a Koi/Goldfish tail. That "tail" is not a part of the first pic so it's not in the watermark "Clark Wright".
Not the first time I've seen the photoshop card pulled around here. One was a photo of me that I know was real. So, prove it.
I can't prove it, but there are some irregularities in the photo.

Start out with the pic itself - it has a watermark of Clark Wright; hence it has been altered.
There's no exif info in the picture itself so we don't know the shutter speed, date taken...all the technical stuff behind the photo. Frankly even that is "editable", but it might add some details.
The section between the l and the k in Clark has what looks like a tail of some type. Perhaps water got on the lens, but it looks quite odd. It's in one pic and not another.
The jacket - assuming the photo was taken in June - why would someone wear a jacket in 80-90 degree heat? Perhaps it was raining and it's foul weather gear. Dunno...just seems odd to be wearing a jacket in June.

As for why would anyone do that. I don't know, perhaps business was slow, perhaps notoriety, perhaps it's a way of standing out among Tarpon guides, perhaps someone was goofing around and the picture took a life of it's own. From what I "hear" the guy is a stand up guy and really doesn't have much of a reason to do it.

A fellow Tarpon angler and I discussed it and he says it's legit. I guess I'm more of a doubting Thomas. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter what I think. It's just a picture of a Tarpon with some odd colors.

If it's real - that's pretty cool; if not no big deal.
JB
Rik

Post by Rik »

Is it really wrong to believe in unicorns?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

I'm just still pissed off at him for killing snakes. :rr:

"SANCTUARY!!!"