Kayak for "Coop" - April 12, 2014 - RESULTS

Rik

Kayak for "Coop" - April 12, 2014 - RESULTS

Post by Rik »

RESULTS POSTED HERE - KAYAK FOR COOP RESULTS

In place of our PFTS #5, we are sponsoring Kayak for "Coop". This event will be a fund raiser to help the Vollmer family take care of Cooper, their 2 year old son who was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. In January he began his 70 weeks of chemotherapy.

This event will be a fishing tournament that is open to anyone. No site member requirement. Registration will be in Sarasota and angler may launch anywhere in Sarasota County.

After the tournament there will be a huge get together at O'Leary's Tike Bar and Pub in Sarasota where we will raffle off $1,000's of dollars in prizes.

There is also a kayak raffle. Hurricane has donated a Hurricane Skimmer 116. Native and West Wall Boats have donated a Native Slayer 12. Each $5 ticket gets you a chance to win either of them.

Please visit the home page - Yes, there is a home page - and click on the Kayak for "Coop" links in the menu bar for full info.

Let's have a huge turn out for this and really help out this family!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Knightro10

Re: Kayak for "Coop" - April 12, 2014

Post by Knightro10 »

The Vollmer family is extremely appreciative. This is a great cause and not to mention a great area to fish. Looking forward to it and hopefully I will see yall there!
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Are the raffle tickets on sale now and if so where?
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve

Post by 13 »

Manning wrote:Are the raffle tickets on sale now and if so where?
http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtop ... =1&t=39266" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This will tell you a little more about the raffle. They have a link for PayPal listed as well. Spread the word.
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Isn't this, just realized, the same day as the DOA event on opposite coast ?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

God bless and best wishes to Cooper had his family. Thank you guys for helping these folks out.
The Riddler

Post by The Riddler »

Hey guys, long time no talk. There's a chance I'll be down there for a few days visiting family and getting some fishing in. I'll look up the details, what a great event for the little boy! Hope I can make it. Hopefully I can hit up that rental place again.
floridalawdog

Post by floridalawdog »

Doug and I have worked together for many years at the police department. This is a super family, and Coop is a real hero. I will hopefully make the tournament, after my shift ends. I have been a member on the site for a while, and have not met any other members yet. I will be the guy with the camo Ultimate, who probably wont catch a single fish.