PFTS #4 - Hook, Line and Legal - full results are now posted

Rik

PFTS #4 - Hook, Line and Legal - full results are now posted

Post by Rik »

Get the full results HERE
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Re: PFTS #4 - Hook, Line and Legal - full results are now po

Post by Manning »

Want to thank Rik for planning and organizing another fun event. It was too bad that Mother Nature decided to throw us a bit of a curve ball, but that just made it that much more challenging. Also want to thank the 20 some other forum members that braved the weather to make this an interesting event.

The format for this event allowed us to use any tackle or bait we wanted to. That was a first since I have been doing these things. With unlimited choices I used my two current go to lures. I caught all my fish on the Mirro Lures Lil Jon and a Mirrodine. Here is my trout. The only reason I am showing you is I don't catch all that many trout that size. She hit the Mirrodine.

Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
paddle down

Post by paddle down »

Yes, thanks Rik, for the planning and execution of another great, though challenging, day on the water. I may not have had much luck catching anything, but I definitely got an upper-body workout. If anyone happened to find an old yellow nylon sea anchor at the original launch beach, it's mine. It apparently blew out of my crate while we were paying Rik and getting our angler numbers. See you all at the next one!
"...and when you get blue, and you've lost all your dreams,
there's nothin' like a campfire and a can of beans..." Tom Waits
kmeng

Post by kmeng »

Though it was a rough day on the water for just about all of us, it was a lot better than being stuck at work...

Thanks to Rik and everyone who was involved in planning and executing the tournament.
paddle down wrote: If anyone happened to find an old yellow nylon sea anchor at the original launch beach, it's mine. It apparently blew out of my crate while we were paying Rik and getting our angler numbers. See you all at the next one!

Paddle Down, I have your drift anchor. I found it in the middle of the parking lot and grabbed it on the way out. I can get it to you tomorrow or over the weekend - I'm leaving town Wednesday and should be back Saturday afternoon.
Do what you love, love what you do, and most of all, love life.

"Don't seek to follow the footsteps of the masters, seek what they sought"
Native Ultimate 14.5 Solo in Olive