What do you think?

Heywood

What do you think?

Post by Heywood »

After seeing the nice trout brought in and tales of larger ones that got away, I heard this story this weekend.

A 32" trout was caught this past week on the south shore. Now the guy who caught I have known of for years, he is a "well known" "ex-commercial" fisherman on the south shore. The guy knows more about this part of the bay than anyone I know.

I have also seen two different reports of Bonefish being caught, one in St. Joseph Sound area, the other at the Anclote Power Plant. Seems there is always a story of one being caught up there this time of year, but two with photos to back it up is pretty cool.

Whatcha think?
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Rik

Re: What do you think?

Post by Rik »

Global warming.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

My struggles with Gator Trout are well documented.

I too have been having some luck over the past several weeks with a 25", 26", and 21" trout. I'll throw in that it's been a banner year for reds too - with two 32" and one 33". Oddly I caught a 20" Pompano recently on a jig as well.

I would like to think that it's my angling prowess, but I suspect there's more to be had.

I have moved off my usual haunts and am recognizing that to catch big fish you have to be where they are. Duh...MacDill is nice, but most bigger fish were caught on "public water".

Glass minnows are still running thick. I think water temps are higher than normal too - aka global warming.

People complained that poon season was slower than normal, but for me it was a banner year there too. Dunno...maybe luck had something to do with it. Power boat had a 100% hook up per trip. I think we lost 4 landed 2 - with one double hook up. Cobia bycatch was good too.

Snook quantity was there, but not quality. There year ain't over yet though...time for some riva fishing.

About the only thing that was off for me this year was inshore Grouper.

Ducks feel thicker too...highly unscientific sample.

My $.02.
JB
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

I have seen a picture of a third bonefish from the Tarpon Springs area last week. Very bizzare, but stranger things have happened.
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Waiting for the pictures.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Global Cooling! :thumbright:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

sfurman wrote:Waiting for the pictures.
No pictures of the trout. They may surface but I doubt it. The Bonefish are on another forum.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Bone fish show up around here every now and then, not common but they get lost sometimes I guess.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Mark R wrote:Global Cooling! :thumbright:
Both warming and cooling - depends where you are.
JB
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

jbdba01 wrote:
Mark R wrote:Global Cooling! :thumbright:
Both warming and cooling - depends where you are.
Here, this week - cooling!
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?