Sign in's and No Shows.

Rik

Sign in's and No Shows.

Post by Rik »

First off, I want to apologize again for being late. I still haven't figured out what happened other then I turned off the alarm without waking up. That is not at all like me but I guess 'stuff' happens. Most of you stuck around and we ended up having a pretty darn good event. Thanks guys! (And a big thanks to the Highway Patrolman who turned on his lights and sirens to warn me to slow down instead of chasing me down and giving me a ticket for 85 mph on the Howard Frankland bridge!)

I want to give a few words about signing up and not showing up. There's a lot of work that goes into putting these events together. Dozens of emails, dozens of phone calls, lots of begging to get sponsors to give us stuff, many miles driven to visit sponsors and pick up product, many hours spent putting tournament bags together and untold hours spent managing the website.

We had a hard limit of 50 anglers for PFTS #1. We had 50 signed up and even more on a waiting list. I'd received at least a dozen PM's from guys who wanted to fish it but couldn't find gold DARTS in their local stores. We would have had at least 50 actually fishing it if the no shows had bowed out early enough. Instead, we had only 38.

Now, trust me, I know that 'stuff' happens. One guy had a sick kid and another had a late call in by work. I get that. On other events we've woken up to rotten weather which always results in no shows. However, that certainly wasn't the case this past weekend, For those that did bow out early, thank you!

Please understand that we make certain assurances to sponsors about the number of anglers who will attend. They give product based on those assurances. I now have to explain why we didn't get 50 anglers. Mister Twister did not get the bang they expected for the dollars they spent.

The winners should have received $250, $150 and $100 instead of $190, $114 and $76. No shows cost the winners money.

Barfly also prepared for 50 people. They staff up and make sure they have enough food on hand to handle the number of people we tell them will be there. No shows affect them also.

It's not just "oh well". Your no show costs people time and money.

We're about to open the sign up for the next event. It will also have a hard limit of 50 anglers. Gambler, the lure sponsor for the next event, will have their people attending the event. They are counting on 50 people and plan to make a big event of it.

Please only sign up if you can make the commitment that you will be there.

And I promise I will move my alarm clock away from the side of my bed so I have to get out of bed to turn it off.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Re: Sign in's and No Shows.

Post by Manning »

What do you say guys? Should we chip in to get Rik this alarm clock. You can hit it one time for snooze. After that it engages the wheels jumps off your nightstand and runs around the room with the alarm going off.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Manning wrote:What do you say guys? Should we chip in to get Rik this alarm clock. You can hit it one time for snooze. After that it engages the wheels jumps off your nightstand and runs around the room with the alarm going off.
I'm in! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

Manning wrote:What do you say guys? Should we chip in to get Rik this alarm clock. You can hit it one time for snooze. After that it engages the wheels jumps off your nightstand and runs around the room with the alarm going off.
That's hilarious.... waking up with a hangover and trying to capture that thing before the dog destroys it.
Fishin Worms and Investment Advice Inc.
Rik

Post by Rik »

I will be up an hour before I have to leave the house and may even be the first to the sign in just so I can get rid of that damned avatar!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Rik wrote:I will be up an hour before I have to leave the house and may even be the first to the sign in just so I can get rid of that damned avatar!
Pictures are required!
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Rik wrote:I will be up an hour before I have to leave the house and may even be the first to the sign in just so I can get rid of that damned avatar!
We can change it to this if that happens.

You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM