PFTS#1 - Let's review

Rik

PFTS#1 - Let's review

Post by Rik »

Your points total will consist of the number of inches of one redfish plus 15 points for one snook and 10 points for one trout. You should take measurement length for each of these fish as there will be "large fish" prizes for each of them.

Tie breaker - and there could be a tiebreaker necessary for each of 1st, 2nd or 3rd place - will be 5 points each for any other species. Only one of each other species counts. i.e. 5 points for a pinfish, 5 points for a lizardfish. NOT 10 points for two pinfish. Need pics - with angler number -of these but they do not need to be measured.

Take a pic of everything you catch. Measure redfish, snook and trout. That 9 inch trout that you were sure wouldn't win anything just might win something. There are numerous "man I wish I taken a pic of that fish" stories over the years.

YOUR ANGLER NUMBER MUST BE IN EVERY FISH PIC. Can't stress this enough as we've seen winners not win because they forgot.

Please go to Mister Twister's Facebook page and Like their page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mister-T ... 9292160542" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you haven't already, please go to Paddle-Fishing.com's Facebook page and Like it also. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paddle-F ... 5525335141" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The entry fee is $10. A $10 bill or two $5 bills or ten $1 bills or one $5 bill and five $1 bills. You have several choices. Hand us a $20 bill and we'll say thank you very much for the $10 donation.

We have a full list. PLEASE speak up if you are on the confirmed list but will not make it.

If you are on the waiting list and want to bring your own bag of Mister Twister Exude Darts please make sure you check in and get an angler number sticker.

When you come to the Pic n' Sip, please return the plastic bag and the pen. Please flatten the bag and smooth out the wrinkles. If the pen doesn't work, please throw it away.

We're doing "tokens" differently so there won't be one to return. You'll see when you get your bag at the morning sign in.

For those of you that are standing in line dark and early, please remember that launch time is 0700.

And last, but not least, the fish tacos at Barfly are delicious!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Heywood

Re: PFTS#1 - Let's review

Post by Heywood »

I have a couple of bags of Darts, so someone can have my spot in the tournament.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
BlueCrab

Post by BlueCrab »

Looking forward to it!

One question: I seem to remember you requiring the lure in feeshes mouth in the photo in the past for one lure challenges...this time??
Old School T160

Marion Jay "JayB" Brewington
July 26, 1949 - April 16, 2009
Rik

Post by Rik »

BlueCrab wrote:One question: I seem to remember you requiring the lure in feeshes mouth in the photo in the past for one lure challenges...this time??
Not required but sure does make for a better pic. One thing that sponsors like is pics of their products catching fish. Mister Twister is providing the lures AND some prizes. It sure would be nice to give them pics that help promote their products. When we do this for sponsors, they tend to come back year after year.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

See you in the morning.
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

One other reminder. It will speed things up if you clean up your camera memory card before you come to the event. We don't want to wast time sorting through all sorts of pictures to get to the tournament shots. Thanks.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Another reminder...The tournament will get underway much faster if the Tournament Director....gets out of bed on time. :roll:
It really would help if the " Tournament Director" arrived before....the end of sign in time. :scratch:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't mention any names did I, Rik! :shaking2:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

That's why I don't fish these things. Just farking amaturish. It's either that if I work on Saturdays. ;)
I have fished with Rik countless times for over a dozen years and can write unabashedly it is a very rare occasion he is ever late. I blame his insatiable wife. She just plum wore his ass out. The moon was just right.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Yeah, I'm embarrassed.

But, hey, at least I did show up which is unlike the 20 who signed up and never showed up.
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Rik wrote:Yeah, I'm embarrassed.

But, hey, at least I did show up which is unlike the 20 who signed up and never showed up.

Or left right as you pulled. :roll:
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~