London Broil fer school

Mark R

London Broil fer school

Post by Mark R »

The original directions for this assignment was for broiling in the oven, but in the fine print it said you could grill. :cheers:

My Mise in Place for London Broil

Top left is a mini Mise in place for the marinade. Bottom right it is all mixed up and steeping.

Top Left, the meat is placed in the marinade. Top right, then flipped over to coat both sides. Bottom left, covered with plastic wrap for an overnight nap in the refrigerator. Bottom right, flipped over to marinate the other side for a few hours.

Top Left, The meat is on the grill to quick sear. Top Right flipped over to sear the other side, Bottom left, Flipped back over for a little bit more. Bottom right, the meat is moved to the side to cook slower.

Top Left, started heating the marinade to make a sauce and the temp when I put the meat back on the fire. Top Right, the meat is back on the fire to finish searing. Bottom left, out of the cooker to be wrapped in foil for a rest. Bottom right, the internal temp as the meat started resting.

Top Left, the finished sauce. Top Right, the meat out of rest and ready for carving. Bottom, the sliced meat.

My finished plate with some side vegetables and garnished with fresh parsley.

I choose to use the grill to help keep heat out of the house and for more flavor. The vegetables on the grill are the scraps from making Beef Stew with some Brussels Sprouts and potatoes added. They were cooked in olive oil, white wine and fresh spices.
The meat was very tender, flavorful and juicy. The marinade carried flavors of the wine and spices throughout the meat. Not overpowering but a nice touch. The sauce was also very nice. A bit of tart from the lemon, wine and vinegar. Plus a nice spice tone to accent the meat.

That's the official version. In reality the meat was a little overdone for me but ya gotta follow the directions. :scratch: Still it was real good!
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?