Pan Seared Salmon with Herbed Vegetables and Grilled Shrimp

Mark R

Pan Seared Salmon with Herbed Vegetables and Grilled Shrimp

Post by Mark R »

Mise en Place for Pan Seared Salmon

Top is the whole (half) salmon filet. Bottom, the cut, cleaned and deboned salmon. I only skinned the portion that I'm using for this assignment.

Clockwise from the top left. Parboiling the tomato. Boiling the carrots and refreshing the tomato .Boiling the parsnips and refreshing the carrots. And boiling the asparagus and refreshing the turnips.

Clockwise from the top left. The seasoned salmon. Placing the salmon in the heated rice bran oil. First piece turned over. And second piece turned over.

While the salmon is cooking I started the shrimps.
Top, the shrimp are skewered. Bottom, the marinade is applied.

Clockwise from the top left. The Kabobs are on the grill. The Kabobs flipped over. And flipped back over again briefly, finished.

Clockwise from the top left. The vegetables have been added to the heated olive oil. The vegetables and spices added to a bowl. And mixed together in the bottom photo.

My plated Pan Seared Salmon with Herbed Vegetables. Surrounded with Balsamic Vinegar Glaze and Grilled Shrimp.

I could not find whole salmon so I used a deboned fillet of wild caught sockeye salmon. I only skinned the portion that I was going to use for this assignment. The rest will become Lox!:thumb:
Very flavorful, perfectly flaky salmon with very nicely herbed vegetables. Very tasty. There isn't any one thing that stands out, it all just works together very nicely.
I added the shrimp as an appetizer on the plate, a very nice accompaniment.

Marinade for the shrimp.
0.25 cups Pure Olive Oil
3 cloves Garlic
2 tsp Lemon Juice
3 sprigs Parsley
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?