Something to consider when picking a launch Saturday.

Rik

Something to consider when picking a launch Saturday.

Post by Rik »

The Kitchen area is gonna be a bit busy
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS

CCA Florida has another work day with Tampa Bay Watch to continue installing a series of new oyster shell bars on the shoreline of Shultz Preserve in Tampa Bay and we are looking for volunteers.

We will meet at Williams Park on the Alafia River and US 41 South in Gibsonton on April 13th and work from 8:30 to Noon. CCA will cook hamburgers and hotdogs for the crew afterwards.

We will be shoveling oyster shell into mesh bags and then transporting the mesh bags from the Williams Park to Shultz Preserve and placing the bagged oyster shell on the shoreline. We need volunteers to fill the mesh bags, volunteers with boats to transport the bagged shell from Williams Park to Shultz Preserve and volunteers to place the bagged oyster shell on the shoreline. Tampa Bay Watch will have their 2 24-foot Carolina Skiffs to transport the shell from the boat ramp to the Schultz Preserve, if you have a larger skiff and would like to bring it please let me know. Please wear closed toe shoes – old sneakers or water shoes, no sandals or crocs, comfortable field clothes, hat and sun screen. We will provide gloves.

This is great opportunity to get involved and spend a few hours making new friends and a great way for CCA members to give a little back to Tampa Bay.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Heywood

Re: Something to consider when picking a launch Saturday.

Post by Heywood »

Last time they were out there, they were putting bags around Whiskey Stump Key. Trying to keep it from eroding away I guess.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

Shultz? Is that the one off Kracker Ave...
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Norm wrote:Shultz? Is that the one off Kracker Ave...
Yes
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

Heywood wrote:
Norm wrote:Shultz? Is that the one off Kracker Ave...
Yes

Must have named that after Sgt. Schultz :?
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
Uncle Tommy
Black Tip Tommy

Post by Uncle Tommy »

"I know nutting!"

(Someone had to say it)
Please, call me Kate