Looking for a reel I found this guy's review....

TRKpoker

Looking for a reel I found this guy's review....

Post by TRKpoker »

"If I could give it zero stars I would. I received the reel as a gift. On the second flip out from the boat ( I was river jigging for walleye) the reel broke right where the foot connects to the body. The bail was open so the reel went straight to the bottom. I put the rod down and started to hand over hand pulling line up to try and retrieve the reel. In the time it took to peel off a 100 plus yards of line the reel got snagged on the bottom. After trying and trying for a long time the line broke. I let out a few #%*#@#* I was so involved with the reel I forgot about the rod. Just as I turned to grab the rod it went out the back of the boat. So there went my brand new St Croix rod out the back of the boat. That ended up to be no big deal. I sent them an email about what happened and a couple weeks later I had a New rod show up in the mail. I will never buy any other rod from now on. They stand behind there product even when its not there fault. Unlike Shimano. I emailed them. They said that they could not do anything without part of the reel. I said its gone, they asked me to send in the receipt. So i did and for some strange reason it got lost and they never received it. They said that they never have had a reel with that kind of defect. I find it hard to believe that with the millions of reels they make a year. It just boils down we don't care about the little guy we are a big company what is one consumer. After being treated the way I was I will never buy or recommend there product to anyone."