Tailin' Toads fishing gloves

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
Rik

Tailin' Toads fishing gloves

Post by Rik »

Tailin' Toads - the original fingerless fishing gloves.

We fish in Florida and the sun is brutal. I've had several chunks of Florida sunshine cut out over the past decade and the backs of my hands have just the right amount of 'barnacles' to qualify to be called salty - the polite term for screwed up by the sun

I have tried many types of gloves over the years and hated every one of them. The fingers were too tight, the seams split after only a few outings, the ends of the finger holes would roll and I was constantly aware that I was wearing them all day long. Even knowing the damage that was being caused, if the gloves weren't comfortable, I wasn't going to wear them. Oh well, slather on a bit extra Bullfrog and live with it.

I was fortunate to be given a pair of Tailin' Toads gloves by my good friend Bill "Heywood" Howard - member of Malibu Kayak, FINS Braid, Columbia, Slayer Lure and now Tailin' Toads Pro Staffs - on a recent trip and think they have a winning product.

The fingerless design gets rid of the complaints I had about regular fishing gloves. Plus, they are substantial enough that they feel like they won't fall apart after a couple trips. I put them on and it wasn't until a couple hours later that I realized I still had them on and hadn't given them any thought. The concern I had that the open end would roll back while fishing and paddling never happened. These are gloves I will wear!

Take a look at their site. The come in many different colors (if that is important to you), they fit well and are comfortable for all day wear. For the youngsters - start protecting yourself now and you won't have to pay your dermatologist's mortgage in 20 years.

Side note - their logo is also kinda cool.

(disclaimer: yes, I got them for free but I warned Bill that if I thought they sucked, I'd say so. They don't suck!)
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley