Dirty Dave?

Mike Hodge

Dirty Dave?

Post by Mike Hodge »

Saw his website. Seems knowledgeable about fly fishing from a canoe/kayak. Heard that he used to post here. Any reason he doesn't? Any chance he'll be back?
Rik

Re: Dirty Dave?

Post by Rik »

Be polite, folks.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

It's not just a clever user name. A quick search in the fly fishing forum should answer your questions.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

Still waiting for my flies.
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
Mike Hodge

Post by Mike Hodge »

OK. I read the stuff about the fly swap. It was confusing, though. Seemed as if he did (albeit after several months) send the flies. Apparently, that's not the case.

I just found his situation to be appealing because he guides out of kayak/canoe and is a fly-only guy. That's pretty ambitious, IMO. However, if everyone says got stiffed on the fly swap, I can see why tempers might flare.
Mike Hodge

Post by Mike Hodge »

BearsFan wrote:It's not just a clever user name. A quick search in the fly fishing forum should answer your questions.
Went over the archived fly swap thread. BF: Did you ever get your flies or were you joking? You posted his cell phone#. Did anyone ever call him? See him face to face?
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

We all eventually got them. It did not happen on the best of terms though.

And that's all I have to say about that.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
Mike Hodge

Post by Mike Hodge »

BF: Glad you got your flies. Needless to say, it's probably stuff no one wants to revisit. Thanks for the info.
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

I would like to apologize to all who received my flies. My tying came a long way in the time it took to get them back. At least you could salvage the nice hook out of it!