PFTC #2 questions

Paul
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

PFTC #2 questions

Post by Paul »

Mr. Heywood

Are you saying that a 19" snook does not count do not bother taking the picture, because there is a minimum of 20". OR are you saying to reach the 30 points you have to catch the three fish over the minimum??
Do you add the 30 points to the inches of your fish. OR is 45 points the max winning score based on the points not overall inches

So a 15" trout would have the same value as a 20" ???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Snook - 20" minimum
Redfish - 18" minimum
Trout - 15" minimum

Catch all three, above the minimum slot and you get 30 points.

Bonus fish - Flounder - minimum 12" is worth 10 points.
Snapper - minimum 10" is worth 5 points.

Max points is 45 points. In case of a tie, the tie breaker will be who has the biggest Snook.

All fish should be measured on a clearly visiable measuring board, NATURAL LAY with nothing on or obstructing the veiw of the fish. Place the token on the measuring board, not the fish. Do not block the veiw by holding the fish or placing the bag with your score sheet on top of the fish.
Paul Silvernail
"Pimpin' ain't easy....but it's neccessary"
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: PFTC #2 questions

Post by Todd »

Paul wrote: is 45 points the max winning score based on the points not overall inches
I read it the same way Paul. My reading tells me you could catch a 90" slam, a flounder and a snapper and show up at 1:59 PM and you could lose to a slam 53" slam with a founder and snapper that was brought to the weigh in at 10 AM.

I guess that should be absolutely clarified to make sure.

But, what do I care? I will spend my entire day trying to catch a 12.1" flounder. :lol:
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

I'm just going to take a picture of everything I catch then turn it in and let them figure it out. With the luck I usually have, that shouldn't be too hard. Plus, the wind will be blowing so hard I doubt I will get far from the launch.
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
Rik

Post by Rik »

Paul wrote:Mr. Heywood

Are you saying that a 19" snook does not count do not bother taking the picture, because there is a minimum of 20". OR are you saying to reach the 30 points you have to catch the three fish over the minimum??
To be counted in the slam points, each of the red, trout and snook have to meet or exceed the minimum inches. Fish below the minimum can be included in the longest fish category. If after we figure out the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place anglers your 19" snook is the largest snook, you could win that.

For those scratching their heads, we have a 'you can only win once' policy. If you take 2nd place, you can not win anything else including the raffle. So, when we award the 'largest snook' it may not in fact be the largest snook entered. If could be the largest snook after the 1st, 2nd, 3rd place anglers fish are removed from the running. Got that?
Do you add the 30 points to the inches of your fish. OR is 45 points the max winning score based on the points not overall inches
45 points is max points. Inches don't count except for snook in the case of a tie
So a 15" trout would have the same value as a 20" ???
Yes, correct

So, if you put on your thinking cap, your goal is to catch all of those listed - snook, redfish, trout, flounder, snapper - and make sure your snook is huge.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Rik

Post by Rik »

Todd wrote:My reading tells me you could catch a 90" slam, a flounder and a snapper and show up at 1:59 PM and you could lose to a slam 53" slam with a founder and snapper that was brought to the weigh in at 10 AM.
Not sure how you got that time element in that. Inches only count in the case of a tie. If your 5 fish with a max of 45 points which includes a 20 inch snook is tied with another guys max of 45 points with a 21 inch snook, he beats you.

Like I said previously - catch all five species and make sure your snook is huge.

Though I suspect there will be a huge snook caught and the angler will come in thoroughly exhausted at 1:59:59 p.m. having searched in vain for a snapper.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Paul
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by Paul »

Todd wrote:
But, what do I care? I will spend my entire day trying to catch a 12.1" flounder. :lol:

That's the plan but the payoff would be worth it

flounder is easy at Weedon island
the snapper is easy too with cut bait :pale:

the wind is your friend
Paul Silvernail
"Pimpin' ain't easy....but it's neccessary"
Rik

Post by Rik »

Here is the catch report that everyone will get. Take a pic of the first redfish, snook, trout, flounder and snapper. Then take a picture of each size upgrade. In other words, if you have a pic of a 30 inch redfish you really don't need a pic of a 26 inch redfish. If you have a pic of a 20 inch trout and then catch a 24 inch trout, take a picture!

Plus - DON'T FORGET TO HAVE YOUR TOKEN IN THE PICTURE!

Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

That makes more sense now, thanks.

Just listen to Dunfly and take a pic of every fish and let the judges sort it out
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Rik

Post by Rik »

You had better sort it out on your catch report if you expect the judges to look at your pics!

We are not going digging through your camera chip to fill out your catch report for you.
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

This is way to complicated. :scratch:
Who is John Galt?
Bigfish171
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Bigfish171 »

Sigh.... once upon a time life was simple.....
Dave
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

Do you have that spreadsheet in Excel format. I think I'll bring my computer with me. :sod:
Who is John Galt?
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

Maybe I should just keep an attorney on retainer :lol:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Whats the problem?

There is a MINIMUM slot length for each fish. I could have gone with the FWC minimums, but then no one would be able to turn in a legal slam. I dont think a 15" snook, a 15" redfish and a 15" trout is a slam. JMO

So, in order for your slam to count, each fish must be over the minimum slot length. The point system was a modified scoring system from the first event. I choose this in order to speed up the judging process.

If you guys want to revert back to a true slam tournament like we had in the past, we can do that. It will just cut into the raffle time. I'm sure you wont miss it.

And Paul, snapper can be caught at Weedon with arties.

Let me know what you all want too do. Its your tournament, doesnt matter to me.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

There is no problem :lol: We just like to give our favorite curmudgeon a hard time :wink:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
Rik

Post by Rik »

Heywood wrote:
Let me know what you all want too do. Its your tournament, doesnt matter to me.
Okay........

LADYFISH!!!