PFCS #2 Format ?

Heywood

PFCS #2 Format ?

Post by Heywood »

Ok, seems you guys like the format for the first tournament. For the PFCS #2 should we stick to it, or do something different?
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Rik

Re: PFCS #2 Format ?

Post by Rik »

Maybe we should leave ladyfish out of it. ChrisR and MikeB are too damn good at catching them.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

I suck at catching lizardfish, change it. I like the creativity but I am still waiting for Rik to come over and clean the damn catfish slime from my boat.

Think outside the box but don't repeat would be my suggestion.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

I've been trying to think like Cook. What would he do?
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Best 3 Reds total Inches.......5 points for each Spot one side.......Or if you want to mix it up....make it a Jack, Trout, Flounder Slam....or any other combo......If you want to make it interesting take everybody out of the comfort zone.....Best 3 Flounder total inches.......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

How about this? You get 5 bonus points for each species you catch in addition to the two biggest fish you enter on an inch basis. So if your two longest fish consist of a 23 inch red and a 17 inch ladyfish you get 40 points. If you also catch a 12 inch trout, a 14 inch snook and a pin fish you get 5 bonus points for each. This is an additional 15 points for a total of 55. No limit on the number of species bonus points you can get, but no additional points for any combination of specific fish.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

As for "What would Cook Do".....Follow the format Given.....Win it.....walk away with that unique smile he had......ohhh and take all the great Pics he was good at.......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Bigfish171
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Bigfish171 »

Total inches for your largest Snook & Redfish, then 5 points for each additional snook or redfish.
(Leave the slimy stuff in the water)
Dave
TexasDan

Post by TexasDan »

Total inches for your 2 Largest of Snook/Redfish/Trout. Any 2 of the three.
5 points for your Smallest Snook/Redfish/Trout. Any 1 of the three.
5 points for your Largest Lady Fish.
DirksFishin

Post by DirksFishin »

Damn my head is spinning! I think we should leave any fish out that might be of negative points on your own outings like catfish and lizard fish. I like the snook and redfish thing with maybe one bonus fish of certain different species. Trout are to easy to catch I caught nine this last tourney so maybe jack and flounder? No matter the format I will be there.
Derek

I hear possum taste like chicken.
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

Scratched
Last edited by Tide1on on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Last edited by JoeS on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Keep this in mind. We have toyed with the idea of smallest fish/slam for a long time. But, do we really want to be handling the small fish that much? Just a thought.
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

Todd wrote:Keep this in mind. We have toyed with the idea of smallest fish/slam for a long time. But, do we really want to be handling the small fish that much? Just a thought.
You've always said in the past to take a pic of every fish you catch. :scratch:
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Tide1on wrote:
Todd wrote:Keep this in mind. We have toyed with the idea of smallest fish/slam for a long time. But, do we really want to be handling the small fish that much? Just a thought.
You've always said in the past to take a pic of every fish you catch. :scratch:

Yes we did Steve but you also knew when to stop taking pics. I just don't think we should be targeting 6" trout.
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

I had some time to think this over last night. The key word here is "Challenge".

Although the last format was fun for everyone, was it really that challenging? I think we are all better than this, and Cooknfish would certainly agree, the format should be challenging. Not knocking it and those that won, but we should be striving for something better than 10” Ladyfish. JMO

I’m gonna give it some more thought and come up with something