Chartreuse. Is it the new 'in' color?

Rik

Chartreuse. Is it the new 'in' color?

Post by Rik »

According to the tally sheets, redfish, trout, snook, ladyfish, jacks, lizardfish and catfish were all caught on chartreuse lures. I think I heard of a flounder and a few other fish caught. How many of you will continue to use chartreuse lures in your arsenal?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: Chartreuse. Is it the new 'in' color?

Post by Todd »

Nothing new for me. I have used chartreuse lues, especially jig heads, for sometime now.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

Most of my fish were caught on a chartreuse aquadream spoon that I've had for over a year. I tried some redfish magic chart-glow paddle tails and wasn't impressed. Couldn't use a weedless jig with screw in keeper cause the damn minnows were too soft, junk.
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

Will be for me.... I caught no trash fish using that color.
Credo quia absurdum
Bigfish171
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Bigfish171 »

The chartreuse & white spook will stay on my rod, it accounted for all my fish.... well, except for the catfish.
Dave
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

One of the great thing about this format was it pushed me to use some lures I would not normally use. Between pre-fishing and the event I have come to really like the Mirrolures 4 in soft shad in chartreuse/gold. Great action and more durable than a DOA. I caught 4 reds on this Saturday. I also used a Mirrodine XL in chartreuse/ pearl. Both of these lures are on my rods and going fishing with me tomorrow.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
DirksFishin

Post by DirksFishin »

I've always had some chartreuse. But prefer gold flake or melon seed. It's a damn shame some manufacturers call it silktruse it kind of hurt the choices. But I'd say I did pretty good. Thanks again for the use of the net manning I might have lost that fat Red.
Derek

I hear possum taste like chicken.
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

I'm a fan of the chartreuse Aquadream spoon as well as the chartreuse jerk baits. Haven't tried other stuff in chartreuse.

I know that I've been in water where chartreuse spot on while others (white, gold) didn't catch. This was primarily dark/stained water. In clear water the regular color seemed to work better.

My $.02.
JB
pbr

Post by pbr »

I had this in inventory already, the redfish were killing it, a 27", 24", several hit and misses and another big hookup that got loose.

Post by 13 »

We have been doing pretty well with root beer / chartreuse paddle tails for a while now. I even bought some of the Riptides with the same tails and have consistently done pretty well with them, mostly big reds. Certainly is my go-to for softies now.