Aquadream Spoon - Good Customer Support

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Aquadream Spoon - Good Customer Support

Post by jbdba01 »

I'm a big fan of Aquadream spoons. I've always said that they are practically bullet proof, and recently I had purchased one of these.

I was trying it out a week or so ago and within two hours the hook starting pitting. I was like - what the heck? Regardless I fished it out for the rest of the day. After one day of fishing this is how it looked.

The next day I emailed the folks at Aquadream. Iwas fully expectiing the "into the cyberbucket routine" and wasn't very confident that the process would work, but I figured I would try it.

With a few hours and to my suprise Capt Mike emailed me directly saying that they had received a bad batch of hooks and he would like to send a new one.

I figured the mail alone would cost him more than the hook, and was tempted to say, "No worries I got it", but I let the story pan out.

Couple days later I received a package that had a bunch of hook guards, bunch of hooks, and a cool Aquadream decal. Now that's how you handle things and retain a client. :thumbright: Yeah I know it's a small item, but I was impressed enough to take to time to draft this up. It could have gone either way...move on to a new spoon manufacturer, or retain a client. He retained me as a client.

For the record it did catch a nice 24" red. With the jaws and teeth of a redfish, I was pretty sure that the finish would get all scratched up, but you can see for yourself above that it looks brand new.
JB
TexasDan

Re: Aquadream Spoon - Good Customer Support

Post by TexasDan »

I had the same issue with the hooks and got the same results as JB did. Great customer service and Great spoons. :cheers:
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

I hate to bandwagon here.....but I got that exact spoon...the pinfish one, and had the exact issue after one trip. Only on the hook though. Strike king spinnerbait trailer hooks fit perfect. :)

~Dave

Creatures of Habit, Tallahassee Florida
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Mine didn't get a chance to rust. First cast with it in the glades and a tarpon took it to the wood pile.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.