Format for PFCS #3 - Aqua Dreaming the South Shore - Nov 17

Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Format for PFCS #3 - Aqua Dreaming the South Shore - Nov 17

Post by Norm »

Gentlemen and ladies...it is with great pleasure that I have the opportunity to arrange this particular fishing challenge. Since the South Shore area is my local area and the Aqua Dream spoons have become one of my go-to lures...it seems only appropriate for me to try and combine the two in this tournament. November 17th...mark it on your calendar.

The area you can launch from will include the east side of the south end of the Skyway around the south end of the bay past Bishops Harbor and north as far as Bull Frog Creek. You must launch from a place that public assessable...no private launch areas please. Honor system guys :wink:

Rik was able to speak to Mike Hakala and he graciously agreed to provide us with 65 sets of two spoons each for only $5dollars/set. At this time I do not know the color or style, but they will be spoons. You will be allowed ONLY these two spoons to fish with and ONE other Aqua Dream product of your choice if you want, or you can choose to just fish with the spoons.

ATTENTION :
After thinking about it for a short while and getting some input....there is a slight change. If you choose to fish with an additional lure...it must come from Aquadream....hooks and or jigheads as well. No other weighted hooks or jigheads will be allowed. Be sure and tell them your with Paddle-fishing.com when you call and tell them thank you for their support.
If you choose to use one of his jerk baits....you will be allowed to have a pack of the soft baits with you, but you will only be allowed one jig head or weighted hook. You lose it...you would not be allowed to tie on another. Got it :?: You lose both of your spoons...you're done fishing.
This will be limited to the first 65 fishermen who sign in. 5 dollars for sign in and 5 dollars for your set of spoons. This will be a snook and redfish only tournament and the largest one of each variety, combined total of inches, will determine the winner.

Our Pic N Sip will be held at Beanies this year. It is new to us, but I was impressed with his facilities and the location is very conveniently located to where most will be fishing. Also he has a generously sized parking area...so finding a place to park even if your pulling a trailer will NOT be an issue. Beanies is located at 2002 US 41 in Ruskin. Just north of the Little Manatee bridge on the east side of the road. You can't miss it....and the large fenced in area just to the south of the restaurant is parking for Beanies as well as the paved area. We will be in the meeting room back of the main restaurant entrance. Use the door on the east side. Cut-off time for weigh in will be just like our others at 2:30.
Last edited by Norm on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
DoubleM

Re: Aqua Dreaming the South Shore

Post by DoubleM »

Nice work Norm, (I'm in, save me a spot! :lol: )
Last edited by DoubleM on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
rugrat181
Supporter 2011 - 2014
Supporter 2011 - 2014

Post by rugrat181 »

As it happens, I just purchased my very first aquadream spoon this past week at South Shore Bait and Tackle. As I live on the south shore this is one tournament I know I will attend.

Good idea Norm.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Let's celebrate !!

Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club"

Dave S
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Freaking hate spoons!
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Vlap wrote:Freaking hate spoons!
Aqua Dream is more than just spoons!

Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
JoeS

Re: PFCS #3 - Aqua Dreaming the South Shore - Nov 17

Post by JoeS »

In.....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
chuckst1

Re: Format for PFCS #3 - Aqua Dreaming the South Shore - Nov

Post by chuckst1 »

:cool: Aqua Dream spoons? :cheers: IM IN!!!
All men die, not all men really live.

I am a silly ninny!

Post by 13 »

I hated spoons for the longest time, but then I fished a PFTS event a while back & that was the lure for the day. Since then, it has been the single most valuable lure in my tackle box. I have caught at least 11 different species on spoons, as well as several 30+ inch reds. If you can't catch solid fish with spoons, you're fishing in the wrong places.
Last edited by 13 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigFlyReel
Supporter 2011 - 2013

Post by BigFlyReel »

In
____

Native "Slayer Propel 13"
Native "Ultimate 12"