“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
DoubleM

Re: We have lost an old friend

Post by DoubleM »

:( RIP Mark
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
BTrain

Post by BTrain »

Mark was always there to help....a loss to all levels of the fishing community... :(
R.I.P. Mark
Best thing about being older: I did most of my stupid stuff before the internet!
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Been off the grid for a week, did not want to come here and see this, that's for sure. RIP, Cook, although I did not get the opportunity o fish with you I know you were a true ambassador as others have said already. Smooth waters and good fishing to you.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
TRKpoker

Post by TRKpoker »

Didnt know him but I can tell from this and the other thread he was well liked. World needs more people like that and clearly he is a lost.

PS: Dont think I would have liked him much though. Sounds like he would have out fished me.
brunz36

Post by brunz36 »

Very sad to hear, RIP Mark. When I first joined the forum, I scoured the forum and always found the most informative posts were from this guy CooknFish...Then I started fishing the PFTS and finally got talk with the legend himself. As always he dropped some knowledge on me that I will carry with me for the rest of my life and hopefully past it on to the next generation. RIP and thanks for opening my eyes to what was always in front me just never noticed.
paddln4reds

Post by paddln4reds »

I'm really sorry to hear this news. I didn't know Mark well and only fished with him a few times over the years but, what I do remember is that he was one of the first people I met from this forum. I believe, that was back in 2004 at the first "Funky Chicken" Tournament at Ft. Desoto. He made my wife and I feel like part of the group. My deepest sympathy goes out to all his friends and family.
Rick

T140 Yellow
T120 Slate
T130 Mango
T130 Lime