Hello All

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
kmeng

Hello All

Post by kmeng »

Hello everyone! I am brand new to paddle-fishing and ocean kayaks in general (I have in kayaks in lakes and rivers but not out in the ocean). I am an avid fisherman who spent summers down in the Keys with the grandparents out trolling, and I love bass fishin'. I moved down to Tampa area in January and I am quickly learning to love wading through the flats and catching new fish. I have been sticking to the park areas (Honeymoon, Jeff Howard etc)

I really want a little flats boat, but with the lack of money and a towing vehicle, it'll have to wait. SO I will try my hand at kayak fishing. I am in the market for a used kayak and I might have found a potential match for me. It's a Perception Pescador 12 which I have heard good reviews on. If anyone has any insight I would love to hear. Like I said, I am brand new to this adventure and I have open ears.

I'm hoping that through this, I'll be able to meet some new friends and fishing buddies.

Once I get acclimated to kayak fishing, I will definately look into the tournaments - they sound fun and seem like a good way to meet people.

Until next time,
KMeng
Do what you love, love what you do, and most of all, love life.

"Don't seek to follow the footsteps of the masters, seek what they sought"
Native Ultimate 14.5 Solo in Olive
Tide1on

Re: Hello All

Post by Tide1on »

Welcome to the forum!
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
kmeng

Post by kmeng »

Wow, I could see this being my way to fish for a long, long time. I passed on the Pescador and opted for a caster 12.5 new from Dick's. It was on sale for less than what was being asked for the Pescador. I have had it out twice now, learning the ropes, haven't caught anything on it yet but it sure is peaceful bobbing around out in the water. I look forward to meeting people in this community and learning all along the way. I try to get out during the evenings and on weekends, mostly Honeymoon and Jeff Howard, if you're in the area, send me a pm - I'm always down for meeting new people!

Kurt
Do what you love, love what you do, and most of all, love life.

"Don't seek to follow the footsteps of the masters, seek what they sought"
Native Ultimate 14.5 Solo in Olive
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

Welcome to the addiction!

~Dave

Creatures of Habit, Tallahassee Florida