Visor Cam

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Visor Cam

Post by Manning »

For some time now I have been trying to figure out how to cheaply mount a video camera so that it will shoot where I look. The main driver behind this was trying to get some better quality tarpon fishing videos. Here is what I came up with. A simple mount for my Kodak PlaySport camers. I used a cheap mini tripod that I got at Walmart for about $7. I removed the tripos legs that were held on to the swivel mount with one screw. I replaced the screw and added a nut and washer. I drilled the bill on a visor I had laying around and put the two together. It took a little trial and error to get the camera set so it pointed the way I want. Here is the final result.

It feel a little heavy when you first put it on and I did have to tighten the strap to keep it from slipping. After you have it on for a while you almost forget it is there and it works great. I shot my recent video of DaveR catching a tarpon with this rig.

Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
bjbg8r

Re: Visor Cam

Post by bjbg8r »

Pretty darn cool!
Brian

-(2) Hurricane Phoenix 130 Kayaks

"When good men fail to act, evil men will act with evil results."
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Re: Visor Cam

Post by Manning »

Works surprisingly good for how simple it is. Took a little practice to learn how to get it aimed properly.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve