PoP Rivets

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
Captain Hugh

PoP Rivets

Post by Captain Hugh »

Recently When lifting my kayak the handle broke. I bought new handles, I replaced one side using stainless bolts and nuts but I can't access the other side so I need to pop rivet it on. My problem is I can't locate a source for buying the longer rivets that spread with legs on the under side. Can anyone Help me out?
thanks
Hugh
"There was a very cautious man, who never laughed or cried. He never risked, he never lost, he never won nor tried. And when he one day passed away, his insurance was denied, For since he never really lived, they claimed he never died
Rik

Re: PoP Rivets

Post by Rik »

I'd bet that Canoe Country has them locally. I know Hook 1 has them via the internet.

How can you get to one side but not the other? It's only about 4 inches away.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Rik wrote:I'd bet that Canoe Country has them locally. I know Hook 1 has them via the internet.

How can you get to one side but not the other? It's only about 4 inches away.
The Stealth series has two side hatchs. One that opens to the hull, the other is boxed in.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Ump608

Post by Ump608 »

Not sure were you are at but Economy Tackle in Sarasota has them....
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Captain Dicks... has um, rivet gun can be purchased at HD/Lowes/Ace...
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
Captain Hugh

Post by Captain Hugh »

Thanks for the advice each has given me. I just saw the response from Krash I will sure get myself some.
"There was a very cautious man, who never laughed or cried. He never risked, he never lost, he never won nor tried. And when he one day passed away, his insurance was denied, For since he never really lived, they claimed he never died
Sledford

Post by Sledford »

They sell them at Bill Jackson's for .50 EA. They are called tri-grip Rivets
Sam
Captain Hugh

Post by Captain Hugh »

I go by Bill Jacksons often. I will try there thanks.
Captain Hugh

Post by Captain Hugh »

I went by Bill Jacksons and bought a supply of the pop rivits that spread with three legs.
Now I can repair my side handles. Thanks everyone for all the help. Great group here.