Fishing report.

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
TRKpoker

Fishing report.

Post by TRKpoker »

6/2/12: Fishing started out early and just perfect. Got out on water at 79th Street at 6:30am and was in the fish in 10 min. Caught two slot sized trout within the first 5 min of fishing and then got a huge hit. Thought it was a snook but ended up being a big trout. With very shallow water he was just dogging me and when I tried to pull him my way he just buried himself in the grass. Finally worked him out into deeper water and well.....
SMCARJY8NV.jpg
Damn shark got my largest trout to date. He came from under my boat and never saw it coming. Swallowed him tail first and what I had level was just over 12". Went on to catch 9 slot or over slot trout. Let them all go figuring we had enough fish for the week. Overall a good day.

6/3/12: Started fishing at 7am and got off water 4:30am. This was a bad day but in its own way fun. Stopped (forgot to keep counting really) counting barracuda at 27. Must have caught 5-10 more after I stopped counting. Had 6 cut off but only lost one lure. Fish ranged 10"-28" and just were all over the place. Missed at least 5 times as many as I boated. Caught 6 trout but most were very small. Took me 9 1/2 hrs to figure out what was going on. Didn't catch one lady fish or jack. Was very odd. Then I figured it out. South Florida had a ton of rain the week and day before. All of the barracuda were pushed out of the canals by all the fresh water. The bay was nearly 100% fresh water 300+ yards away from canal openings. Salt water fish just had to get out and the barracuda were just eating anything cause there was no bait fish to be had.

6/9/12: Got up and to a good friends house at 5:30 am. On the water by 6:20am and fished till noon. My friend had never fished in salt water in his life and his biggest fish was less than a 12" bass. Computer nerd he basically sits at a computer or goes shooting guns. He wanted to learn to fish cause his gun club is doing a fishing/shooting weekend.

His 3rd cast was a 19" trout. He was hooked. We went on to catch 15+ trout in 2 1/2 hrs. BTW, don't tell new fishermen that lady fish and jacks are trash fish. Just tell them they are excellent fish but out of season. We got in the lady fish thick at one point for about 30 min. After his first one he asked if we could eat it and I told him they were trash fish. He was having a great time with the first one but the next 6 he caught he was just annoyed. Funny how you can think yourself out of fun.

Anyways, went on to catch my largest trout. 24 3/4" Was a damn fine day!
TomTrout24.75.JPG
TRKpoker

Re: Fishing report.

Post by TRKpoker »

Here was my friends first salt water fish and his largest fish ever.
resizedjohnsfirst.jpg
Wuluf

Re: Fishing report.

Post by Wuluf »

Nice report. Thanks for the pics!
Wuluf