Noob from the Tampa Bay area

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
tony66

Noob from the Tampa Bay area

Post by tony66 »

Hello one and all, I've lived in the Bay area most of my life, been fishing since I was a kid, have fished a bunch of areas around the bay area. Now, this is how I got here. I have a 14' Sea Nymph that I was fishing from that I refer to as my tin can. It was working for me until I some friends took me kayak fishing and I had a blast, started thinking about a kayak. Then my wonderful, fabulous, great wife (not sucking up, you'll understand in a min...keep reading) tells me that as a kind-a suprise she put some money to the side for me to make my tin can better, but with me liking the kayak thing that if I want I can get a kayak (now you know why all the compliments) instead. I weighed the options, got out one more time then went and bought a 12' Field and Stream Eagle Talon SOT. I've talked to a bunch of people and havent heard one bad thing about kayaks. One common thing I did hear was "I sold my boat and I just kayak now", I don't want to be left out so I'm gonna sell my tin can and just kayak fish. Ok, I went on longer than I wanted so I'll shut up now, thanks. :woohoo:
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Re: Noob from the Tampa Bay area

Post by mauso1 »

Welcome .. quote a few on here don't have anything with motors. I still have a Whaler but it is easier when I'm alone to just pop the kayak on the van and pull down into the mangroves somewhere.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

No motor here either and welcome to Paddle-Fishing.
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Welcome.....My motor is a Onno 215lb Power.....runs on calories......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!