Hobie Quest 13 reviews

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
stvwmb75

Hobie Quest 13 reviews

Post by stvwmb75 »

I'm looking at the Hobie Quest 13. I'm 6' 260 lbs and need some reveiws before I take the plunge. Any help would be appreciated.
DoubleM

Re: Hobie Quest 13 reviews

Post by DoubleM »

Have you paddled one yet? They're speedy vessels specially in the wind. I just sold mine a month ago. I stopped using it when I got a new kayak I was able to stand in. My opinion is if your going to get a Hobie, get a pedal one. What interests you in the Quest?
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
stvwmb75

Post by stvwmb75 »

Price is the biggest factor. That would be the main reason for not getting the pedals.
stvwmb75

Post by stvwmb75 »

No I found them new for $800 at the boat show. So I'm guessing it's not to good for standing?
Rik

Hobie Quest 13 reviews

Post by Rik »

I think I've said this 100 times but standing is 75% the angler and 25% the boat.

Some guys can stand in any boat. Some have trouble on dry land.

Take one out on the water. You can get good direction on this forum but no one can tell you if YOU can stand in any given kayak.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
SRQGator
Grocery Yodeler

Post by SRQGator »

The Quest is a very underrated kayak in the standard SOT category (non-hybrid, non-pedal). Very functional to fish from; cockpit side pockets, cockpit deck hatch with an optional tackle tray, and easy access to the front toilet sea... I mean hatch.

There are faster kayaks and more stable kayaks, but this one is a great all-around boat; relatively quick, maneuverable and stable. It handles well in the wind (no weather cocking) and has minimal hull slap. If I was going to go back to a regular SOT, I would get another Quest. A Tarpon 160, an Ultimate and a Quest would be the ideal paddle fishing fleet for me.
1 1 12?