O connector

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

O connector

Post by jbdba01 »

What do you call the "gizmo" that connects the cable to the rubber? See image below. Is it a stainless O connector? The cable on the old one is about to break and I need to order a new one.

I might be able to rig the old one, but figured that's a pretty important piece of the equation.

Is there a Tampa shop that will have them? Or does Lowes/Home Depot have them?

Last edited by jbdba01 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JB
Rik

Re: O connector

Post by Rik »

It's called a lug.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Thanks - exactly what I needed. My google skills on this topic were lacking at best.
JB
Rik

Post by Rik »

Didn't use google. Have used lugs in the past for electrical connections - tho that material type is not what you want to use for a rudder. Couldn't quite remember the name so I banged my head on the desk a couple times and the word fell out.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Rik wrote:Didn't use google. Have used lugs in the past for electrical connections - tho that material type is not what you want to use for a rudder. Couldn't quite remember the name so I banged my head on the desk a couple times and the word fell out.
Hoping to shake the right word out of google, I typed in "do a barrel roll" in google and I got zip. Se la vi.
JB