PFD for kayak

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
sasay

PFD for kayak

Post by sasay »

I am new to Kayaking and I am going to use it for fishing in fresh water as well as shallow salt water, what would you recommend?
Within you is the power to do things you never dreamed possible, as soon as you change your beliefs...
2011 Ocean Kayak Torque
Stand N Fish
humminbird 385ci
(thinking about getting an x-wing)

2008 Malibu Mini-X (with Stand N Fish)
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Re: PFD for kayak

Post by jbdba01 »

Personally I like these and I pretty much wear it all the time - 1' of water or not (there are exceptions). I'm not so much worried about falling out as I am about some clown coming around the corner and hitting me. May not do much good, but it beats nothing.

You're call on the autodeploy or not. I have it. You can set it to manual as well. I added a whistle and strobe that are inside the west for about $10.

I find them to be VERY comfortable; after a good day's fishing, my son got in the car the other day and he was still wearing it in the car. He had no clue it was on.

Point being the vest itself "ain't gonna do much good" if you don't wear it.

Course I solo night stinkpot too...

JB
sasay

Post by sasay »

thanks for the reply, I will look into these
Within you is the power to do things you never dreamed possible, as soon as you change your beliefs...
2011 Ocean Kayak Torque
Stand N Fish
humminbird 385ci

jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

I've never used these before; however, here's an "inexpensive version"

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemanc ... pLv0pvkfv8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More here
http://www.coleman.com/coleman/ColemanC ... ryID=31028" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JB
sasay

Post by sasay »

Thanks for the info, I am going to get 2 this week so I can get out and get in the water a little this weekend
2011 Ocean Kayak Torque
Stand N Fish
humminbird 385ci

Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

The PFD you get depends on whether you are going to wear it all the time or not. That is a personal decision. If you are not going to wear it 100% of the time just get a Coast Guard approved PFD and put it on your kayak, it must be accessable 100% of the time to stay legal. If you are going to wear it the ones posted above are great..
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM