Newcomer getting out in Ultimate

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
UltimateBobWPB

Post by UltimateBobWPB »

Made it out on a fishing trip Friday to Munyon Island in North Palm Beach. Pulled out the camera to make a couple of photos of my 14.5 Ultimate. Front and rear skirts, rigged a plastic crate for storage with a spike type rod holder for a trolling rod and a 3 rod holder for storage attached. Bungee cords tie it down. The console is cut from plywood and painted, its serving as a prototype until I know what I want and then I'll invest in Starboard or some other plastic. Right now the Hummingbird and Garmin live side by side, the Scott rod holder is handy enough and the Scotty drink holder catches all the odds and ends. I hang my leader material from the cut for easy access. The battery of the FF is in the plastic storage box held by velcro. Trying to learn to travel light carrying a stake out pole, drift sock and small anchor. I store a 5 gal bucket with lid under the stern skirt figuring it will add alot of flotation and with the lid off I can fil with water, invert it, set it on the bottom and use it as a step to reenter the kayak. The fish bag under the bow skirt also adds flotation.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: Newcomer getting out in Ultimate

Post by DaveR »

I don't think traveling light is in ya.;)
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Capt. Jack

Post by Capt. Jack »

If it's deep enough to need a buck as a step, then how do you retrieve said bucket once your in the kayak?
Our tradition is that of the first man who snuck away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish.
ZeroSix

Post by ZeroSix »

Mother of All Things Good and Righteous! Even comes with a cigar in the drink holder! Bob – you may have too much class to be hanging out with us….

As far as traveling light…. All relative I guess - more like mechanized infantry verses light infantry but light all-the-same.

Welcome!

Joe
“Buda! Wanna see the best thing about owning a Hobie???”

18 March - Eric Bell Memorial

Hobie Outback - Moss "Ole Blue"
Hobie Pro Angler - Dune "Big Phaddy"

Sr. Vice President ExPS-Elite -PFK-CaC
BigFlyReel
Supporter 2011 - 2013

Post by BigFlyReel »

I've flown in cockpits not that nice! Congrats, and welcome!

Greg aka BFR
____

Native "Slayer Propel 13"
Native "Ultimate 12"