It's Nice To Be Out With My Boy

paddln4reds

It's Nice To Be Out With My Boy

Post by paddln4reds »

Well...I remember I used to fish with a lot you guys 2-3 times a week. Then...we had our first child and then things slowed quite a bit...then we had a second child and I was never getting out on the water anymore. I missed being out there! My first born, my son, is getting ready to turn 6 yrs old this month and he really enjoys fishing and is now wanting to get out on the kayak. Yesterday, we fished off the campground in Ft. Desoto on a beautiful day. The joy I had watching him catch fish, seeing dolphins, stingrays and asking me where the reds are! :D Unfortunately, I didn't get to put him on the reds, but he caught a number of trout, ladyfish and catfish(those GULPS!). Anyway, I had one of the best times out on the water and I didn't even need to throw my line in! Just want to say "HI" and share some photos :cool: Now, perhaps, I may see you guys on the water more often! :D Look for us in the T130! :D

Rick

T140 Yellow
T120 Slate
T130 Mango
T130 Lime
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Re: It's Nice To Be Out With My Boy

Post by Norm »

Rick ...welcome back :!: I can't believe your boy is 6 already...crap....where does the time go :?:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
FrankC

Post by FrankC »

You just thought you enjoyed fishing in the past. Now you are in one of the finest periods of your life, so enjoy every minute of it.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

That IS a great day fishin, awesome! Shoot he catches more fish trhan Skeeter!
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
bigguy

Post by bigguy »

My boy isnt 2 yet but he enjoys fishing with me. I cant wait to be able to get him out on a kayak.
UrbanLegend

Post by UrbanLegend »

I took my son down to the retention pond in the back yard finally. He used to think he was a duck and tried following them into the water a few times when he started walking. After the first instance he was in swimming lessons the next day. Now that he's a pretty good swimmer, my avatar is his first fish. It's a joy to see how excited he is when he sees a fish, and even more excited when he gets throw one back. Now that an 18" gator he wants to make friends with him too.
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

UrbanLegend wrote:I took my son down to the retention pond in the back yard finally. He used to think he was a duck and tried following them into the water a few times when he started walking. After the first instance he was in swimming lessons the next day. Now that he's a pretty good swimmer, my avatar is his first fish. It's a joy to see how excited he is when he sees a fish, and even more excited when he gets throw one back. Now that an 18" gator he wants to make friends with him too.
:shock: :shock: Just make sure Momma Gator isn't around :!:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
Urban Legend II

Post by Urban Legend II »

I told him to stay away from that darn pond! Aint no Reds in there anyway!

But on the original post, one word, AWESOME!
Hobie Pro Angler 14

"Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job"
Paul
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by Paul »

Great Pics
Paul Silvernail
"Pimpin' ain't easy....but it's neccessary"
Sledford

Post by Sledford »

Nice pictures Rick. I agree with Norm, it hard to beleave that it has been 6 years.
Sam
BigFlyReel
Supporter 2011 - 2013

Post by BigFlyReel »

FrankC wrote:You just thought you enjoyed fishing in the past. Now you are in one of the finest periods of your life, so enjoy every minute of it.
x1,000 on this. Make it count.
____

Native "Slayer Propel 13"
Native "Ultimate 12"
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Wow ! Amazing that your son has turned 6 already..It has been a while since those 2-3- times a week trips.
Great to see your post and pics. :cheers:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
paddln4reds

Post by paddln4reds »

Wow! It's great to hear from you guys! Yeah, those 6 years have flown by! The next thing I know he'll be asking for the car keys! :shock: I also have a little girl and she's 3yrs old, but she thinks she's 16! :D She likes to fish too, but lasts all of 15 minutes! :lol: Well, hopefully one day I can hook with you guys once again! CIAO
Rick

T140 Yellow
T120 Slate
T130 Mango
T130 Lime