The BigCatch Chronicles 5/23/11

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
mangohunter

The BigCatch Chronicles 5/23/11

Post by mangohunter »

Well here's another installment of the BIgCatch Chronicles. It was a long over due but as usual my day began the night before debating which area would be good I decided to head down south to the very lower reaches of Biscayne Bay to some new areas(hard to find :Bandit: ). The paddle was long but well worth it. This new secret location was on fire. After spending some time looking around I see a large snook laid up close to shore. I swing out my bait and watch this "LineSlider" inhale my bait. I do the two count and set the hook. Best fight I've had from a snook!
So after a while I see what I was waiting for. I see a few dozen Tarpon role and free jumping yards away. I was all set up ready to go. Moments later I feel it tighten up and fish on! I made quick work of this short tarpon. She came in at 42"
After the short bout I set up again and mins later I was in to my next tarpon. This guy put quite an air show! It was insane! Back to back jumps! After that, it proceeded to run me threw every obstacle imaginable(trees) but yet again after a few mins she was spent and up she came for some photos.

On a side note the trout are still biting in Biscayne. Had a few up and almost lost one to a huge bullshark. It was pretty nerve wrecking watching that beast come darting under my yak after my trout!
JoeS

Re: The BigCatch Chronicles 5/23/11

Post by JoeS »

Nice Day......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

:thumbright:
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Outstanding!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
TK

Post by TK »

Heck of a day!
"I am trying to catch tarpon, but these snook keep getting in the way!"
TRKpoker

Post by TRKpoker »

have you tired fishing down by the coast guard station...on the north side there is a road with a bridge....i have dove aroudn there ...some huge snook just laying up in there everytime i have gone.