Post by finatic »

:?:
The artist formally known as Snookfinatic

finaticdesigns.com
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Re: Favorite music while fly tying?

Post by BearsFan »

Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Hypothetically speaking...if I were to tie flies...it would be the below.

Course it would also be for just about anything else too. Watch GA lose to UCF (3 points really??; no I'm not bitter :evil: ), shark fishing (true story - found that black tips seem to like Culture Club - loud!! - seriously? wth?), pretty much listen to the below all day while working...

Yeah...there's a disco station in there...I'm old enough, married enough, and secure enough to admit it. Chicks dig me for that...

JB
countryboy_ucf

Post by countryboy_ucf »

Anything slow with nice harmonies... Sometimes classical guitar, bluegrass instrumental numbers, maybe some florence and the machine... Helps me concentrate exentuates the whole calming experience... and Oh yea GO KNIGHTS!
Nick F
Hobie Revolution
"More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own
story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me."
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

Mostly have the TV on. The computer is in front of me most of the time. The fly tying desk is 90º to the left and the TV is right between the two. "My Corner" as my wife calls it.

If I were going to listen to music, I just got a new CD by a fishing guide who works the area and plays in a band. Brian Caudill. Good stuff. Also MOFRO, Blackberry Smoke, Southside Lenny and a few others I don't have time to type. Wife waiting on me to help take down Christmas lights off'n the house. Gotta run!!
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
islander

Post by islander »

Radiohead, for the most part. Like Gil, however, I too am a tv casualty. The dvr playing Judge Judy on the tube is usually in the background.

Last session was Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon". Call me lame, but that's a pretty good record. It had just arrived in the mail that day.
www.lemonbayconservancy.org
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

No favorites, I have a fairly "eclectic" mix on my I-Pod plugged into the stereo. Buffett, Styx, Beach Boys, Marley, Sting, Blackmoore's Knight, Belafonte, Dragonforce, Knightwish, Celtic Woman, Clancy Brothers, Bon Jovi, Little River Band, Loggins and Messina, Sia, etc, etc. Music mostly picked because it relates to the ocean with a few extras thrown in because they sound good.
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
Evan

Post by Evan »

I get bored listening to music and tying flies. Gotta have something more engaging. My favorite is audio books - I can get totally lost in the story and have a dozen flies tied before I know it.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

Led Zeppelin would be my first choice, but any good heavy metal will do. It helps me tie faster and gets the creative juices flowing. If I am in a more classical mood Joe Satriani works well.
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

Evan wrote:I get bored listening to music and tying flies. Gotta have something more engaging. My favorite is audio books - I can get totally lost in the story and have a dozen flies tied before I know it.
How many pages to tie a dozen bead chain clousers?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
Snook712

Post by Snook712 »

Just got the Beatles remastered box set for Christmas and have had it on shuffle non stop. Three hours tying wooly boogers yesterday and experimenting with streamers for big rainbows next weekend.
Hooked on Youth Fishing Team - Sponsored by Cat Crap Lip Balm
"Fishing for the Future"
Ultimate 12 (Green)
Malibu Stealth 14 (Sand)
Roger
Evan

Post by Evan »

Snook712 wrote:Three hours tying wooly boogers yesterday and experimenting with streamers for big rainbows next weekend.
Where can you fish streamers for big rainbows in January?? Heading South of the equator on this trip? I'm usually stuck throwing #20 glass bead midges for trout in January...
Snook712

Post by Snook712 »

Evan wrote:
Snook712 wrote:Three hours tying wooly boogers yesterday and experimenting with streamers for big rainbows next weekend.
Where can you fish streamers for big rainbows in January?? Heading South of the equator on this trip? I'm usually stuck throwing #20 glass bead midges for trout in January...
If I told you I would then have to kill you.
Hooked on Youth Fishing Team - Sponsored by Cat Crap Lip Balm
"Fishing for the Future"
Ultimate 12 (Green)
Malibu Stealth 14 (Sand)
Roger
Rik

Post by Rik »

Tell him!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

If I tell him does it still count?

Evan

Post by Evan »

My guess was chow-fed stocker trout somewhere in Georgia. Am I on the right track?