New to Kayak fishing...Valrico FL

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
byrdmaaan

New to Kayak fishing...Valrico FL

Post by byrdmaaan »

Okay, I have the kayak and all the gear to make me look as if I am a professional the only thing missing are the fish. I started kayak fishing about a year ago and am having the most difficult time catching fish. I've only lived in Tampa Bay for several years and have always had difficult time catching fish here. I thought (hoped) kayak fishing would change things for me, well it did a little bit but still nothing to feel proud of. If anyone out there wouldn't mind me tagging along I would really appreciate it, things have been so bad lately that I have started going over to the east coast of Florida (Ft. Pierce), fishing off the beach and jetty just to get my fix for catching fish that fights. If someone out there wouldn't mind me tagging along sometime please let me know, I would really appreciate it because trying to figure Tampa Bay kayak fishing on my own is is going to drive me crazy.
JoeS

Re: New to Kayak fishing...Valrico FL

Post by JoeS »

Welcome.....What days do you get out???Weekdays? Week ends?.....Where do you go????A suggestion is you should sign up for the PFTS events there is always somebody willing to show you around......I try to get out during the week and you are always welcome to join me, I am no expert but I have been around for while now :? On weekends I/we usually fish CRB again no problem joining in.......
Again welcome.....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
byrdmaaan

Re: New to Kayak fishing...Valrico FL

Post by byrdmaaan »

Sounds good to me. I fish mainly on the weekends, every now and then I get out during the week. I went to CRB for the first time about 3 weeks ago ( I was on a flats boat). Let me know a day and time and I'll be there.

Thanks for the reply