Football Food

Mark R

Football Food

Post by Mark R »

This is from Saturday before last, haven't had time to post. A buddy is a BIG Gator fan and asked if I'd cover the food for the first weekend...for 80 people - Oh Yea!!
We got 20# of chicken wings, And two dozen ATB's, And a Venison shoulder, And 4 fatties! We start with the ABT's filled with avocado mix in 1 doz. salmon and 1 doz. bratwurst.
I tried out my new Kitchen Aid corer and it worked really well.

I saved the cores and seeds for another victim!

The first fatty, Brat and sauteed garlic, onions and peppers (not hot) and mozzarella cheese.

Then the Burger Fatty, fresh ground sirloin filled with onion, tomato, ketchup and home-made Dijon Mustard.

The Bacon weave.

The Pastrami Fatty, pork sausage filled with pastrami, Swiss Cheese, home-made Dijon Mustard and some slivers of home-made Rye Bread.

And the Pulled Pork Fatty, pork sausage filled with pulled pork and my BBQ sauce.

And the wings ready to go in the smoker. Clockwise from top left, Japanese BBQ (seven spice), top right my BBQ sauce, bottom right Siracha orange marmalade and bottom left EVOO, salt, FGB pepper, Cayenne and garlic.

The four fatties and the venison(marinated overnight in the Evil Brown Liquid) after about an hour @250F.

I got a little busy after that so we go to finished food. The three of the types of wings, the ABT's and the pulled pork fatty.

The Brat fatty.

Sliced.

The hamburger fatty. Really good!

The venison.

And last but not least the Pastrami fatty, ridiculous amount of flavor. I'll definitely do this one again.

The pulled pork was good but the other three fatties were outstanding!
I never did get the Japanese BBQ wings out, took um home and lunched them for a week!
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
fuzzy

Re: Football Food

Post by fuzzy »

Schweeeettt!!! Haven't made a fatty since last Super Bowl.

fuzz
I was impressed, that the older I got, the more patient I became. Turns out, I just don't give a shit.

230 ==> 215
Rik

Post by Rik »

Your cardiologist must love you.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Looks awesome! I want to make one of those fatties. What kind of hamburger do you use? 80/20 or 93/7 ?

That bacon weave deal looks great too.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

americanrobster wrote:Looks awesome! I want to make one of those fatties. What kind of hamburger do you use? 80/20 or 93/7 ?

That bacon weave deal looks great too.
I grind my own - top sirloin, remove all the fat I can.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Mark R wrote:remove all the fat I can.
Hence the need for a bacon weave? :tongue:
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.