Info On Weedon Area Launches

Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Info On Weedon Area Launches

Post by Manning »

Looks like the next stop for the PFTS is Weedon. There is a great post in the launch section of the site for one of the launches in that area. Being from Sarasota and not familiar with that area I was wondering what other launch options are available?
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: Info On Weedon Area Launches

Post by Todd »

Launches to get to Weedon Island and that area are no secret, basically there are three in that area.

1-Launch inside the park. Full facilites at that launch, you do have to carry your kayak to launch either from the floating dock or the walk down ramp.

2-Anywhere along Gandy Blvd on the west side of the bridge will allow you access to the front side of Weedon Island.

3-There is a small boat ramp at 2nd St and Sunlit Cove Drive NE. It puts you way in the back of Riviera Bay which is west of the launch inside the park.

All are readily accessable and easy to use.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Paul
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by Paul »

Todd wrote:
3-There is a small boat ramp at 2nd St and Sunlit Cove Drive NE. It puts you way in the back of Riviera Bay which is west of the launch inside the park.

Ain't no fish back that way :bounce: :bounce:
Paul Silvernail
"Pimpin' ain't easy....but it's neccessary"
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

Hey Steve, when they PM you the others, hook me up :wink:
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

chincy wrote:Hey Steve, when they PM you the others, hook me up :wink:
There are not a whole lot of others, there is one Paul knows about but it is a long carry. I would know, I live about 15 minutes away.

Don't forget the boundaries are not just Weedon Island. They also include the north side of Gandy and the 4th St area. The north side of Gandy is accessed through a hole in the mangroves (easy to find) or further up by the bridge. Plenty of access to the north 4th st area either on the east side of the road or just before you get to 275 and there is a makeshift boat ramp on the west side of the road.
wilfish

Post by wilfish »

Paul wrote:
Todd wrote:

Ain't no fish back that way :bounce: :bounce:
Hey Paul , Thats because you fish like your bother . Can't catch fish :shock:
Don't steal... The Government does not like the competition
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

I know where I would fish if I was gonna be in town, but you almost have to have a kayak cart if you don't wanna fight through the Mangroves with multiple rods.. :wink: I fish that area ALOT in the cooler months and it produces a fair amount of over-slot Reds and some sweet Trout. Snook are a little tougher to find, but they are there. :study: :thumbright:
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
skinnywater

Post by skinnywater »

If you plan on using the park launch, be ready for a boondogle when you head in. Yesterday around noon, half a dozen folks were coming in, and another dozen were launching, all at the same time.
Kevin

"Am I missing and eyebrow?" - Adam Savage
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

I found out today, I'm actually off the day of the tourney. I wonder where I'll fish!! :shock: :shaking: :study:
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

skinnywater wrote:If you plan on using the park launch, be ready for a boondogle when you head in. Yesterday around noon, half a dozen folks were coming in, and another dozen were launching, all at the same time.
Weedon is fishless and full of canoe and kayak Michaganders! :scratch: :pukeright:
<SDFT><{
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

You are right about that. If I were everyone else I would follow kneedeep over to Picnic Island, that is where he is going to fish.
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

Todd wrote:You are right about that. If I were everyone else I would follow kneedeep over to Picnic Island, that is where he is going to fish.
Why not?!! Most everybody followed me to the Kitchen in the last tourney.. :mrgreen: :-B
<SDFT><{
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

I think you may be giving yourself a tad too much credit to think they were all there just following you. :wink:
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

I was just kidding Todd. I had just spent alot of time studying the area and ended up with a purdy good fishing day. If you consider a 73.5 inch slam a good day and I was one Trout short of slamming twice on the same lure. Truth be known, I had another Trout on but lost it early. Of course none of that matters if you forget to put the little blue coin purse in the picture. :oops: :oops: :pukeright: Okay, I'm done with the trash talk now. It's time to pull charts and notes and study the next area.. :study: :study: :wink:
<SDFT><{