Larry & Juicy Lucy

Mark R

Larry & Juicy Lucy

Post by Mark R »

Explanation, Larry Agassi was a great friend...Damn good friend, We lost him about 3 years ago to cancer of...everywhere. Anyway, Larry loved food and life and food...If you get my drift. He was a fellow "Pig" and we miss him very much. Some of you have tasted a "Larry Burger" courtesy of Skeeter. (I ad-lib'd a bit - Larry would like it)
Ok, enough about that! Larry would say "if you're gonna make a burger - make it count"! A "Larry Burger" (4 servings) was made with 1 lb ground chuck, 1 package of Lipton Onion Soup, Worcestershire sauce, diced onions, , bread crumbs, Mary Jane Sauce , Salt and pepper. Oh and cheese on top, Swiss or cheddar no matter, on charcoal.
So Larry Meets Lucy... 1st attempt!!!
The players at the party!
For the burger we have 1 package of Lipton Onion Soup, Worcestershire sauce, diced onions, bread crumbs, Mary Jane Sauce , Salt and pepper, hot sauce and chopped Anaheim Peppers - Oh and 1 pound ground chuck.

Potato chips sliced on the mandolin, fried in peanut oil til brown

For the burger topping we have -
1 can mushrooms
1/3 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup Burgundy wine
1/4 stick butter
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper to taste
simmered to reduce.

The bottom patty spread out on foil.
Add the cheese

Opps , forgot the picture of the meat covered.

I forgot to mention the cheese it's 1/2 Swiss Fontina and 1/2 Cracker Barrel sharp cheddar.
You'll notice (or not) some thin sliced potatoes and some mushrooms, onions and red wine in the lower left corner of the board. The taters went into hot peanut oil and the shrooms (canned sorry), onions and wine went into a pot with some butter and garlic to simmer.
The fried chips. Hey - there's some missing. :roll:
The finished Larry & Juicy Lucy with a serving cut out.
And plated with chips and sauteed shrooms N Oonions.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Rik

Re: Larry & Juicy Lucy

Post by Rik »

Mark R wrote: 1 can mushrooms

Larry really sounds like my kinda guy but did you have to ruin it all with that damn can of mushrooms?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

I'm sorry but my Morels haven't come in yet and I'm out of Portabellas, Porcini and Shiitake. I promise I will repent I will make it up to you. :cool:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Don't believe Rik's aversion to shrooms.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Mark R wrote:I'm sorry but my Morels haven't come in yet and I'm out of Portabellas, Porcini and Shiitake. I promise I will repent I will make it up to you. :cool:
Look at those names! There ain't no way I'm putting Shitake in my mouth! And Porcini? That sounds like a an unnatural Italian sex act.

Canned or fresh, mushrooms are fungus. I got fungus on my toes, you want that for your burger?

Now, there are special mushrooms that I can tolerate but only if they are mixed with grape Kool aid.

( who am I kidding? that was many years ago.....that I liked Kool aid)
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

According to Roman history there is no such thing as an unnatural Italian sex act.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Mark R wrote:I'm sorry but my Morels haven't come in yet and I'm out of Portabellas, Porcini and Shiitake. I promise I will repent I will make it up to you. :cool:
Then skip the mushrooms. I hate to say it but when it comes to canned mushrooms I agree with Rik's stance on fungi.

Otherwise it looks pretty good!
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Vlap wrote:
Then skip the mushrooms. I hate to say it but when it comes to canned mushrooms I agree with Rik's stance on fungi.

Otherwise it looks pretty good!
Lookey what just cane in!!
For the record I will agree on the canned, they didn't add much...but the onions were good
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Much better...
Rik

Post by Rik »

Looks like you cleaned up after the dog walkers.
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

That sounds like a an unnatural Italian sex act.
no such thing
0 0 1
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

As good as the mushrooms (Porcini's) taste. I would love to try this sex act if it matches them....
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Vlap wrote:As good as the mushrooms (Porcini's) taste. I would love to try this sex act if it matches them....
I'm not touchin that. :shock: