permit are back

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
bonefishwhisperer

permit are back

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

I have been 3 days on permit...yesterday was off the chart and my customer took about 30 shots until he was spent....they stayed all day...today I had one either grab the fly and drop it or it hit my line and wrapped the tail...I went to set the hook and it wasnt there but my line was going out...sucky....Tex took some up close and personal shots with a crab bomb and somehow they didnt take it and Krash was getting his own brand of punishment...the time is now for Grand Slam...I believe it can be done again this August right here...I myself am going 100% for the permit when they are there, everything else is 2nd priority
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
vivian

Re: permit are back

Post by vivian »

Excellent news to hear. I was afraid we would not have permit this year.
Tex@MIA

Post by Tex@MIA »

Last edited by Tex@MIA on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Noles Let's go !!
0 0 1
bonefishwhisperer

Convoy is the key to all things good but I say Fender and nobody listens...I will be holding a monster soon enough
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Matheson is the epi-center, you'll find me there tomorrow.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Dial em in pls. I'm off the last 2 weeks of August!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
bonefishwhisperer

they are here and I can find them at will at this point...spent today with Krash at Mathesson...lost a nice tarpon and missed 2 more...day of rest tomorrow finally ...August is white hot permit month...I have booked 11 days so far and more are trying to get here...bones are here and lots of them again...its Grand Slam time
Rik

Post by Rik »

I detect an attitude change there Cordell.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
bonefishwhisperer

you are correct...it is wide open right now and right at the midnite hr...full moon of July was the last chance for the permit to come in and right up to the very day they did...bones are here but limited but permit is a different story...I am just as good if not better at finding them than anything else so for me it means I can eat again and have luxurys such as toilet paper :thumbright: I have sold my rights to fish for most of August including my birthday...its been since the beginning of dec 09 since fishing was like this...
Tex@MIA

Post by Tex@MIA »

Last edited by Tex@MIA on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bonefishwhisperer

yeah...be warned though, sucky times will return in Sept when the tides are huge...you will remember this when you see how things shift and the tides literally dbl in size
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Born in August were you?

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
bonefishwhisperer

yes and my last birthday was the greatest fishing day of my life and probably will never be beat...the permit so so thick last august that if I didnt see at least 50 or so it was a bad day...it is very close to that way again suddenly
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

It certainly is gettting better, after several dozen trips of seeing nothing since the Big Chill, at least now we are getting shots, but its still nothing like a year ago.. there are still way to many days where you see nothing at all. Lets all play nice out there take care release quickly.. that water is hot and the fight takes its toll. alos staring to see sharks again coming in, as well as a few big rays.

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
bonefishwhisperer

I agree completely...thats why I said it hasnt been this good since last Dec...a full yr ago it was 3 times better than right now and even then I thought fishing was down about 50% over the yr before