Old Town Guide Series 147

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
Shep

Old Town Guide Series 147

Post by Shep »

Took this canoe out today on rainbow river for the maiden voyage. As Gil told me for paddling solo, I turned the canoe around and sat in the "front" seat while paddling which put me fairly close to the center. It paddles good, tracked straight for a flat bottom canoe, was fairly fast for how big it is, and as long as there wasn't any wind, stayed going where I told it to. Once the wind showed up, pretty much turned me into a weather vane. next time I'll have a cooler in the front to keep it down a little better, unless my wife lets me use my 3 year old daughter to add more weight (and to ferry drinks from the cooler to me).
Canoe is very stable and secondary stability is even better. Leaned way over just to test it out and it felt like it just didn't want to go all the way over. Standing is so easy. Makes stretching in the middle of a long paddle very easy. Not to mention doing those other things you need to stand while doing after having a couple cups of coffee and a few beers. :shock:
I'm happy I traded this for my T140. It just suits my needs better. I just wish it wasn't so darn heavy.
New place, new fishing adventures.